Reply
Regular Contributor
Eyisila
Posts: 177
Registered: ‎12-31-2013
0

Re: Discover IT

Thank you for the advice and information everyone. 

 

So...my score 644 with those baddies is borderline.

 

Lets say if I get utilization below 10% by middle of March, and am successful in getting a couple of the bads removed PFD etc.  Think I will see a pretty good jump in score which will afford me a greater chance at approval?

 

Frequent Contributor
Peter1142
Posts: 347
Registered: ‎08-17-2013
0

Re: Discover IT

I apped for the Raymour and Flanigan and was approved. I want to app the Discover now. Is this safe to do? I don't want to lose my furniture. They pulled Ex, unless they pulled all 3.

Valued Contributor
-Wade-
Posts: 12,624
Registered: ‎08-13-2013
0

Re: Discover IT


Peter1142 wrote:

I apped for the Raymour and Flanigan and was approved. I want to app the Discover now. Is this safe to do? I don't want to lose my furniture. They pulled Ex, unless they pulled all 3.


Discover will pull TU or EQ most all the time ( not all 3 that i know of ). What is your score and do you have any baddies ???

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 806 (04/04/2014) Discover TU Fico - 813 (09/02/2014) myFico EX - 804 ( 07/08/2014 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 10.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ****** FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 806 *** TU 813 *** EX 804 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Frequent Contributor
Peter1142
Posts: 347
Registered: ‎08-17-2013
0

Re: Discover IT


Wade64 wrote:

Peter1142 wrote:

I apped for the Raymour and Flanigan and was approved. I want to app the Discover now. Is this safe to do? I don't want to lose my furniture. They pulled Ex, unless they pulled all 3.


Discover will pull TU or EQ most all the time ( not all 3 that i know of ). What is your score and do you have any baddies ???


Scores are 692 (Ex), 703 (Tu), and 709 (Eq). There is an open collection on Ex from 4 years ago. When Raymour reports I am sure my scores will plummet.

Valued Contributor
-Wade-
Posts: 12,624
Registered: ‎08-13-2013
0

Re: Discover IT


Peter1142 wrote:

Wade64 wrote:

Peter1142 wrote:

I apped for the Raymour and Flanigan and was approved. I want to app the Discover now. Is this safe to do? I don't want to lose my furniture. They pulled Ex, unless they pulled all 3.


Discover will pull TU or EQ most all the time ( not all 3 that i know of ). What is your score and do you have any baddies ???


Scores are 692 (Ex), 703 (Tu), and 709 (Eq). There is an open collection on Ex from 4 years ago. When Raymour reports I am sure my scores will plummet.


With this on your report it's hard to say !   your scores are high enough to get the Discover card

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 806 (04/04/2014) Discover TU Fico - 813 (09/02/2014) myFico EX - 804 ( 07/08/2014 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 10.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ****** FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 806 *** TU 813 *** EX 804 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Senior Contributor
B335is
Posts: 4,476
Registered: ‎09-22-2012
0

Re: Discover IT

Discover pulled EQ for me, it really depends on your location. If they've been sending you preapprovals you have a good chance though.
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 26,285
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Discover IT


Peter1142 wrote:

How accurate are their "preapprovals"? They say I am preapproved. I am going to make another app the same day.


In the future, please start your own thread so that your specific issues may be addressed.  I had to re-read this post twice to figure out who was asking what. :smileyfrustrated:

 

Thanks ~ Lexie

Regular Contributor
capitalkid
Posts: 164
Registered: ‎11-02-2012
0

Re: Discover IT

I'd say get your util down a bit, be prepared to call in on recon line , the sticky is around here somewhere or google it, and have explanations in order so you can answer their Q's when you call in. Call the minute it comes back not instantly approved , seems like it is much easier for the reps to overturn if it has not made it all the way through the system yet.
They pulled EQ for me. I signed on with IT in April last year, CS that came with the packet said 701, and I had to recon due to a 9yo BK reporting. Starting CL 4k.
Good luck!
JCP Platinum 6.5K. I Barclaycard UPromise MC 5K. I Discover IT 6.5K. I Sears MC 4.6K. I USAA Amex 11K. I USAA PLatinum MC 11K. I Chase Sapphire Preferred 10K I Lowes 8.5K. I Paypal MC 6K. I Dell Preferred 2.5K. I Citi HHonors Reserve 3.2K. I CarCareOne 2.4K. I Best Buy 6.5K. I Care Credit 10K. I Capital One (Credit Steps) Platinum 2.7K. I Roamans $1300 I Chevron Visa 1500.

BK 7 July 2005.
Frequent Contributor
Jarnog
Posts: 256
Registered: ‎12-31-2013
0

Re: Discover IT

Does anyone have an idea of when they start sending pre-approved letters and such?  I was just wondering, once her Utility is down and some of the "newer" accounts have aged a bit, her score will probably increase a little.  Is there a mark, so to speak, where we can say, "ok we hit xxx number, maybe now we will get some pre-approval offers from Discover".

 

Just curious, as I have seen a lot of people and post on the forums about getting offers in the mail and stuff.

 

thanks everyone again!

Established Contributor
TheGardner
Posts: 642
Registered: ‎01-12-2014
0

Re: Discover IT

I would let the new accounts age for the next 6 months. Too many new accounts and no recent history to go by IMO. But of course with Discover it's YMMV, some with 700 score will be denied while some with 640 will be approved. That is one tough nut to crack right there.. Good luck!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 720 for all in 2014.
TU - 726 EX - 703 EQ - 697 myfico 3 score watch
Need to work on AAoA now..
In the Garden Oct 23, 2014 - ?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}