Did you mean: 

Discover IT??

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT??

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:
24% interest on a car loan Holy crap! Tell her to go to a credit union they can't charge more than 18%. As for discover it., I would personally recommend the chase freedom card cause u can recon. With discover there is no recon they may offered secured or joint cards but IMO it's not worth it

The Chase Freedom is better because of Recon? lol?  I have both cards and while I wanted a Chase Freedom card and Finally got it Discover is much much much better imo..... Discover has the rotating 5%, Discover shop is much better then Chase UR shop, and Discover deals.  A Secured card isn't a negative considering you get the Deposit back once that card graduates or is Canceled and. 

I didnt say it was better I just said I would reccomend it cause you can recon. But i do think chase is better. It is accpeted at more places and its basically the same card. Chase always offers a sign up bonus while discover does not always. The secured card from discover makes little sense to me. You cant apply for it its only an offer? Then sometimes they give you a joint account option? Why dont they give you the option for both or atleast the option to apply? Recon is a great friend when it comes to credit. Thats why if you are unsure if you will get approved I would stay away from discover and amex and stick with chase, barlcaycard and capital one cards . Plus you can do way more with chase UR if you have the CSP then you could ever do with discover. 

Side note: When i applied for the freedom it was like a week before they offered the 200 dollar deal. Chase gave it to me no problem. Discover on the other hand I applied like a week before they offered the 150 deal and they would not give it to me. I will always reccomend chase over discover.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 11 of 24
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:
24% interest on a car loan Holy crap! Tell her to go to a credit union they can't charge more than 18%. As for discover it., I would personally recommend the chase freedom card cause u can recon. With discover there is no recon they may offered secured or joint cards but IMO it's not worth it

The Chase Freedom is better because of Recon? lol?  I have both cards and while I wanted a Chase Freedom card and Finally got it Discover is much much much better imo..... Discover has the rotating 5%, Discover shop is much better then Chase UR shop, and Discover deals.  A Secured card isn't a negative considering you get the Deposit back once that card graduates or is Canceled and. 

I think you're the only one on this site that believes Discover is better than Chase Freedom lol

Message 12 of 24
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I think you're the only one on this site that believes Discover is better than Chase Freedom lol

I think discover needs to step up their game personally. They need to do more than chase to get my business and imo they are not. Why dont they always offer a sign up bonus like chase does?

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 13 of 24
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I'll Still Continue the Fight though Smiley Tongue 

In all seriousness though I Prefer Dsicover because they gave me a card while Even though I have been a chase Checking account customer for years they have basically told me No like 10 times for a Credit card. It also helps I Prefer Shop Discover over Chase UR shop.

And to the Poster Above me ..... I have found 1 or 2 places where I live and Granted it is NYC so that might be why it is accepted almost everywhere ( I don't count Costco since They only Take Amex which is probably done because of an exclusive deal between them 2) in the United States. If your traveling in Europe neither the Freedom or Discover is useful unless A) They take Swipe cards or you have a Freedom with EMV chip + sig cards , B) Discover does have no foreign transaction fee so if they do take Swipe cards and discover or Diners club Discover automatically wins 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 14 of 24
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@TheFate wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I think discover needs to step up their game personally. They need to do more than chase to get my business and imo they are not. Why dont they always offer a sign up bonus like chase does?

referral's is enough of a reason for me lol Smiley Happy

Already made like $200 referring people for discover card 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 15 of 24
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I didnt say it was better I just said I would reccomend it cause you can recon. But i do think chase is better. It is accpeted at more places and its basically the same card. Chase always offers a sign up bonus while discover does not always. The secured card from discover makes little sense to me. You cant apply for it its only an offer? Then sometimes they give you a joint account option? Why dont they give you the option for both or atleast the option to apply? Recon is a great friend when it comes to credit. Thats why if you are unsure if you will get approved I would stay away from discover and amex and stick with chase, barlcaycard and capital one cards . Plus you can do way more with chase UR if you have the CSP then you could ever do with discover. 

Side note: When i applied for the freedom it was like a week before they offered the 200 dollar deal. Chase gave it to me no problem. Discover on the other hand I applied like a week before they offered the 150 deal and they would not give it to me. I will always reccomend chase over discover.

I prefer Shop discover as I have said, No Late fee on first late payment god forbid you need to use that feature but hey we are human and we can forget, No foreign transaction fees and Discover can be used anywhere that takes Diners club, and South east Asia, and no Jacking up APR% when late  

Message 16 of 24
elim
Senior Contributor

OP, i got a denial with the scores in my siggy. The only baddie on all 3 reports was a fed tax lien. The only thing the denial letter said was "reason for denial... TAX LIEN"

I would expect it will be a wasted HP

Message 17 of 24
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@TheFate wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I'll Still Continue the Fight though Smiley Tongue 

In all seriousness though I Prefer Dsicover because they gave me a card while Even though I have been a chase Checking account customer for years they have basically told me No like 10 times for a Credit card. It also helps I Prefer Shop Discover over Chase UR shop.

And to the Poster Above me ..... I have found 1 or 2 places where I live and Granted it is NYC so that might be why it is accepted almost everywhere ( I don't count Costco since They only Take Amex which is probably done because of an exclusive deal between them 2) in the United States. If your traveling in Europe neither the Freedom or Discover is useful unless A) They take Swipe cards or you have a Freedom with EMV chip + sig cards , B) Discover does have no foreign transaction fee so if they do take Swipe cards and discover or Diners club Discover automatically wins 

That's an individual experience, it holds absolutely no argument in Discovers defense as to why its "Much much much better" lol

Care to entertain us with a real reason "Fighter"?

Message 18 of 24
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I prefer Shop discover as I have said, No Late fee on first late payment god forbid you need to use that feature but hey we are human and we can forget, No foreign transaction fees and Discover can be used anywhere that takes Diners club, and South east Asia, and no Jacking up APR% when late  

Freedom is accepted in far more places than Discover is, thats a fact

Message 19 of 24
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Freedom is accepted in far more places than Discover is, thats a fact

I been to one or 2 places where they have not accepted Discover cards. My First card was a discover card which was my only Credit card for about 6 months and the first Visa/Mastercard that I got was only 5 months ago.. I never had to whip out my Debit card which is a Visa once during that time besides Costco since they only take Amex. Discover is practically accepted everywhere these days in the states from my experience 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.