Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT?

tag
Essence
Contributor

Re: Discover IT?

@SwiftTone wrote:

Here's another piece a chat rep told me. Keeping my hopes up for the future!

"It is currently plastic but does look like metal. We will be making some alterations in the future and I think that they are looking to have it be metal possibly down the road."

boy o boy!

ps: i left a comment on the "review" site but it needs to be approved. lol

Woot! Does Discover have a suggestion box anywhere? I love Discover but I'd like to suggest a change in their rewards tier. Might help push these changes along too Smiley Wink
Message 71 of 141
Carbon44
Contributor

I was told on the phone by a CSR if you pc to the IT you cannot convert to any other card in the future. Just a heads up incase any of you are thing about it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred (Visa Signature), Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover IT, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, American Express Zync
Message 72 of 141
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Yikes... I'll stick with the More card, TYVM.

At least you have options on card designs with the more.   I was dissappointed that the IT card didn't at least come with options as far as colors.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 73 of 141
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@Carbon44 wrote:
I was told on the phone by a CSR if you pc to the IT you cannot convert to any other card in the future. Just a heads up incase any of you are thing about it.

I'm on chat with a CSR right now and asked that question after seein gyour post. She said that I will be able to convert in the future...hmmmm

PS: just noticed this is my 600th post!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 74 of 141
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

The only thing new after my chat with the CSR is that the card is made of plastic BUT its a thicker plastic. Also, that you can change to another card anytime.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 75 of 141
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

OK IMPORTANT UPDATE!!

These are the terms of the conversion:

"Rachael: Your rewards program will not change. Your account will be converted on the first day of your next billing cycle. Once your conversion has been completed, you will not be allowed to convert to another card type. We will not charge you a late fee the first time you miss a payment. Subsequent late fees will be up to $35. Your APRs will not be increased if you miss a payment or exceed your credit limit. If you were notified of a rate increase prior to conversion, that increase will still apply"

Also, you cannot just change your card design to the new design. The design is exclusive to the It.

What a bummer. What a flop! I'll keep my More!

I also asked her to relay info to the higher ups about their 0.25% for the 1st $3000. Doubt it'll make a difference.

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 76 of 141
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Thanks all for the updated info! No PC for me. Was hoping for a better rewards opportunity with It, but no dice.

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 77 of 141
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

OK IMPORTANT UPDATE!!

These are the terms of the conversion:

"Rachael: Your rewards program will not change. Your account will be converted on the first day of your next billing cycle. Once your conversion has been completed, you will not be allowed to convert to another card type. We will not charge you a late fee the first time you miss a payment. Subsequent late fees will be up to $35. Your APRs will not be increased if you miss a payment or exceed your credit limit. If you were notified of a rate increase prior to conversion, that increase will still apply"

Also, you cannot just change your card design to the new design. The design is exclusive to the It.

What a bummer. What a flop! I'll keep my More!

I also asked her to relay info to the higher ups about their 0.25% for the 1st $3000. Doubt it'll make a difference.

So if you PC to the IT card you are stuck with it for life?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 78 of 141
mxp114
Valued Contributor

The added benefits like midnight payments are so marginal, I won't chance getting stuck in a potentially less rewarding product for life. Discover More is the flagship card so I will keep it. Too bad on the card design, that was the only thing that appealed to me.

Message 79 of 141
lithium78
Established Contributor

The IT seems like a waste of time.  I'll stick with the More.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 80 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.