Re: Discover IT

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

tallen30 wrote:

Just got my Discover IT card in the mail, what does everyone think of this card?

All I know is I like the looks of it.  I got mine yesterday.  I will be out to a function tonight and will be the first time I use it.  I am tempted to grab something on the way however because I saw that post the other day where someone thought they activated it and got declined when they used it.  I can't remember the circumstances, but I know I talked to the customer rep and she confirmed it. LOL I just keep laughing in my head though imagining me at this function with a lot of people and seeing the card being swiped multiple times, as the lady starts to tell me it was declined with my pits sweating right through my jacket.  Yeah...I think I am gonna grab something small on the way LOL.

Oh and Congrats by the way....I just snapped out of it.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Frequent Contributor

I just applied for the Discover It card and was approved.  I am excited that it does not have a foreign transaction fee.  When I travel internationally, this will be my preferred card.

New Contributor

No AF no FTF 0%apr for 14 month (those that qualify)  reward 1%-20% whats not to like

Established Contributor

VirtualCuriosity wrote:

tallen30 wrote:

Just got my Discover IT card in the mail, what does everyone think of this card?

All I know is I like the looks of it.  I got mine yesterday.  I will be out to a function tonight and will be the first time I use it.  I am tempted to grab something on the way however because I saw that post the other day where someone thought they activated it and got declined when they used it.  I can't remember the circumstances, but I know I talked to the customer rep and she confirmed it. LOL I just keep laughing in my head though imagining me at this function with a lot of people and seeing the card being swiped multiple times, as the lady starts to tell me it was declined with my pits sweating right through my jacket.  Yeah...I think I am gonna grab something small on the way LOL.

Oh and Congrats by the way....I just snapped out of it.

LOL 

what a story haha. I sometimes would leave the sticker on just to be on the safe side lmao.

Valued Contributor

BlueNightStar wrote:

Congratulations! This is a great card. I've been eyeing it for a year but wasn't sure if my profile would get me a decent limit and I was on the fence about their rewards. I went ahead and applied recently and to my surprise they gave me my highest limit yet - almost double what my highest card is currently.

Their rewards are awesome. They offer random 2% spending days, rotating 5% categories, Shop Discover for extra points and everything else at 1%. Their customer service is top notch. I don't think I've ever been as pleased with a card. And to think this was the card I was the least excited about apping for.

I too have been eyeing this card. I am pretty sure that I will be approved, but I want a good initial crdit limit. So I have been waiting the last few months until my USAA account is elligible for a cli (may 15); and my BCE is currently 58 days old. I am planning on USAA approving my cli to 8k, at which point Discover will have something to shoot for. I want to avoid a little 3k or 4k initial limit... so I wait.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Contributor

tallen30 wrote:

Congrats on your Discover. I really like the look of the IT (there really needs to be a metal version!) and Discover's customer service is amazing. The only reasons why I don't use mine more is because of the credit limit and the categories this year just aren't that useful to me. I think the IT overlaps with the Freedom one or two quarters for gas.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Valued Contributor

So far so good for me...keen racking up the cash back...

ccpics2.jpg
Valued Contributor

1) I wasn't impressed with my initial credit limit.

2) They put the magnetic strip on the wrong edge of the card. So every time I use the card, I have to watch several incorrect swipes, followed by examining card closely, rotating card 180 degrees, then another swipe. Hilarious. NOT.

3) Their web site is very nice.

4) I'm still not impressed with my initial credit limit.

5) Rotating reward categories aren't as useful to me as I first thought. OK, restaurants was great, now just 9 months to wait until I can use the card again. YMMV.

6) I occasionally hear a cashier say "OH! This card has an Orange edge!". OK, maybe it was just once, but it seems like more.

7) I like the clean look of the front of the card.

Valued Contributor

I just got mines today! It comes in a really nice box. It was in my mailbox this evening. The card definitely feels like metal on the front. anyone else agree? Still waiting on Barclays Rewards so I can charge these utilities bills as my Cap1 Cash Rewards card has the $1500 emergency on it now. Ugh! I hate waiting and I hate transferring all of my recurring expenses to a different card! Ugh! Smiley Sad Last time!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.