jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover IT

Pilotdude wrote:

Pick up dat phone yo!

:smileyhappy:

Good Luck!!

let us know what happened.

I called this morning and the app isn't in the system. I completed the application after midnight so she gave me a direct number to callback tomorrow. 

Other good news (I hope) is that I received a callback from the Capitol One executive offices (thanks to this forum). The young lady reviewed my concerns and said she would get back between 48-72 hours.  I will have no fingernails left by Friday Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 26
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

JustMe77 wrote:

Did you get the last screen where it asked for level of education, whether you own a house, etc.?

Yes I did. Does it have any meaning?

Message 12 of 26
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

jocleveland - I'm not sure that it does. I asked because it seemed like my application was done and then they brought up that screen after. 

I checked my app status online and it's not in the system yet Smiley Sad It's been well over 24 hours that they tell you to wait. Part of me sort of hopes it was denied so I can keep my AAoA the same, so I won't be sad if it doesn't work out. The 14 months 0% would be nice though. Looks like I'm calling tomorrow...boo.

ETA: Checked again this morning and I was approved Smiley Happy 

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 13 of 26
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

JustMe77 wrote>

ETA: Checked again this morning and I was approved :smileyhappy:

I too called this morning and the results......APPROVED Smiley Happy

My app spree is over.  Discover IT CL $2500, USSA  Platinum Rewards CL $4000 and Chase Freeom CL $3000. I'm still waiting for the plastic to arrive so I can close my now defunct Orchard Card and to hear from the Cap1 EO on my list of demands, HaHa.  3 for 3 on the spree.  Thanks to everyone for directing me down the correct path.

UPDATE: Before I hit post, Cap1 called.  CL increased from $500 to $1500 as well the addition of 1% Cash Rewards. Still waiting to hear about the AF. 4 for 4.  Ya baby!!!

Message 14 of 26
dodfire
Valued Contributor

SUPER!!!! Congrats!!!

*8/10/13
Message 15 of 26
zullyquirke
Contributor

I got the 5-7 day notice, and the next day they called me. I gave some initial info over the phone and was approved! I have one big baddie on my report they wanted to know about, but it's over 4 years old now and I have a clean history. Didn't get a huge CL -- $1,200 -- but it's my biggest so far, and given my score I'm kind of surprised that I got approved at all. My first "real" card! LOL. 

Message 16 of 26
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

zullyquirke wrote:

I got the 5-7 day notice, and the next day they called me. I gave some initial info over the phone and was approved! I have one big baddie on my report they wanted to know about, but it's over 4 years old now and I have a clean history. Didn't get a huge CL -- $1,200 -- but it's my biggest so far, and given my score I'm kind of surprised that I got approved at all. My first "real" card! LOL.

Good for you. Congrats. They told me 5-7 as well but it only took a day and half. On the road to happy destiny.

Message 17 of 26
J14K
Valued Member

Just to add my 2 cents! 2 weeks ago, I applied for the card online and received the same 5-7 day message unless I wanted to call sooner and expedite the application. I placed a call that same day and spoke to an analyst who asked: 1. Why I wanted the Card? 2. What was my current salary and job advancement opportunities? 3. Inquired about my recent refinancing of my car loan.

After I answered all those questions and graciously promoted the reasons why I wanted the card, I was notified of an instant $1500 credit line. It was just very shocking considering that my portfolio only consisted of a secured card and a Cap 1 card with a $300 limit prior.

Congratulations on your approval! It just shows that Discover are willing to take chances and I am glad they did with me.

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 708 EX, 660 EQ, 692 TU
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

- -Gardening since 6/21/13 - -
Message 18 of 26
Hubcapjw
Contributor

How long did u have ur cap 1 secured for when u applied for the IT?
Message 19 of 26
J14K
Valued Member

@Hubcapjw wrote:
How long did u have ur cap 1 secured for when u applied for the IT?

I had five months on my Cap 1 and 11 months on my secured credit union card before applying for IT (No pun intended) Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 708 EX, 660 EQ, 692 TU
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

- -Gardening since 6/21/13 - -
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.