Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It 2% Card?

tag
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Discover It 2% Card?

How long has the Discover It 2% card been around? My SO just received an application for one of these in the mail today. 2% on gas and restaurants all year instead of 5% quarterly rotating categories. It's the first I've ever heard of it.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/chrome.html?ICMPGN=HDR_CC_CONSUMER_IT_SEE_CONSUMER_CHROME

FICO Scores 800+
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover It 2% Card?

It's been out for a bit. It also does NOT have rotating 5% categories, which makes it less profitable for most. And if one is looking for gas and restaurant categories -- then Discover really isn't where you're looking for the best card out there for those rewards. Such cards like PenFed's gas card, Sam's mastercard, Sallie Mae are really gas cards that one looks for, while for the restaurants 2% is pretty good, but CSP, AARP, and Cash + are usually better for restaurants.
Message 2 of 4
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
It's been out for a bit. It also does NOT have rotating 5% categories, which makes it less profitable for most. And if one is looking for gas and restaurant categories -- then Discover really isn't where you're looking for the best card out there for those rewards. Such cards like PenFed's gas card, Sam's mastercard, Sallie Mae are really gas cards that one looks for, while for the restaurants 2% is pretty good, but CSP, AARP, and Cash + are usually better for restaurants.

Yeah, I actually just performed a search using "Discover It chrome" and see the old threads now. He already has the Sallie Mae, and I'm happy with my normal It card. I wonder who Discover is trying to lure in with this one...it seems lackluster.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 4
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Leadberry wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Yeah, I actually just performed a search using "Discover It chrome" and see the old threads now. He already has the Sallie Mae, and I'm happy with my normal It card. I wonder who Discover is trying to lure in with this one...it seems lackluster.

I also wonder.. some people might think it's better though (don't know who those are), I'm with you It, all the way.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.