Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It -- 2% on groceries through September

I just looked in my account where the 5% cashback is and still nada for me

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have that, but it's ok because my groceries are going on my AMEX for better rewards.

Message 12 of 20
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Don't have it, but 2% doesn't really mean much to me anyway.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing here, either.  I wonder if it's just a marketing ploy for anyone earning double cashback for the first year.

Message 14 of 20
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Good catch. Thanks! Perhaps they'll do this again in the future with various categories.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get it either but I'll bet it does have everything to do with the Freedom's 5 percent cat.  

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For the people who have it are u currently in the after one year we double your cashback phase?

Nope, no double cashback for me (alas).

Message 17 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Didnt get on the 2% back deal that a lot of you did last year. I do have the offer but have been unable to activate it, it throws techincal errors try again later, I have never gotten any of these offers before but I also have never SD the card for 3 months like I did Jan-Mar as their 5% on gas was useless to me with my 2 Sallie Maes. Doesnt matter if I activate it or not as I wont be using it with the dual Sallie Maes and an AU on a Freedom as well.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Didnt get on the 2% back deal that a lot of you did last year. I do have the offer but have been unable to activate it, it throws techincal errors try again later, I have never gotten any of these offers before but I also have never SD the card for 3 months like I did Jan-Mar as their 5% on gas was useless to me with my 2 Sallie Maes. Doesnt matter if I activate it or not as I wont be using it with the dual Sallie Maes and an AU on a Freedom as well.

Weird that it's not going through for you! Yeah, it's not really worth it for me either--groceries go on BCE if the store takes Amex, BOA Cash Rewards or Citi DC if they don't. Discover is nice because of their lack of redemption threshold, but otherwise there's no advantage.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Discover for 15 years so I'm not on the double cah back promo for new users. But the 2% cash back for groceries did show up for me. I got an error message when I clicked to sign up so I called in and the CSR said it showed that I was already sighed up for it so it must have gone through anyway.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.