Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It 6 Months CLI NO GO

tag
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Discover It 6 Months CLI NO GO

Just apped for a cli on my discover it after 6 months hoping for a sp cli.  Requested a 1k increase and after a SP I got a message saying they couldnt do it without a HP and manual review and if i wanted to continue i should accept.  Almost accepted but im in the garden and cant have any more Hp's.

Will try again in 6 months, but im glad they gave tme the option of continuing with a hard pull as opposed to just doing one! A+ for Discover.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover It 6 Months CLI NO GO

That was nice of them to let you know before doing an unauthorized HP. Like other banks.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Chaos122 wrote:

Just apped for a cli on my discover it after 6 months hoping for a sp cli.  Requested a 1k increase and after a SP I got a message saying they couldnt do it without a HP and manual review and if i wanted to continue i should accept.  Almost accepted but im in the garden and cant have any more Hp's.

Will try again in 6 months, but im glad they gave tme the option of continuing with a hard pull as opposed to just doing one! A+ for Discover.

WTG for staying true to your gardening commitment. You will get that discover CLI maybe even an auto

Best wishes 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 12
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

good for fighting the urge. u might still see an auto bump. i remember thinking i wasnt getting anything at 6 months but i did eventually get a small 300 auto bump then around 9 months i got another 400
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 4 of 12
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

What is your current limit? Is it your main card?

Message 5 of 12
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

is that 6 months of account open or 6 statement ? sorry about CLI.

Mine coming soon and i dont know when because they don't give me a straight up answer....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 12
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

is that 6 months of account open or 6 statement ? sorry about CLI.

Mine coming soon and i dont know when because they don't give me a straight up answer....

Its been about 6 1/2 months and 6 statements, i waited until after a few days after my 6th statement. Current cl is 5k

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
pt2005
Regular Contributor

No CLI for me too when I asked after 6 months.

Don't feel bad because Discover is very conservative. Though I put through about 10K in 6 months and always PIF and paid multiple times, they would not increase.

After the NO GO, I put all of my cash back to statement credit and currently have a credit of some dollars. The card is in sock drawer indefinitely while AMEX TrueEarnings and Freedome are being used as main cards. I will not use the card until they increase my $1K CL. (I told them that too when they declined CLI me). Will keep you guys posted when I get a CLI Smiley Happy

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 8 of 12
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@pt2005 wrote:

No CLI for me too when I asked after 6 months.

Don't feel bad because Discover is very conservative. Though I put through about 10K in 6 months and always PIF and paid multiple times, they would not increase.

After the NO GO, I put all of my cash back to statement credit and currently have a credit of some dollars. The card is in sock drawer indefinitely while AMEX TrueEarnings and Freedome are being used as main cards. I will not use the card until they increase my $1K CL. (I told them that too when they declined CLI me). Will keep you guys posted when I get a CLI Smiley Happy

same here...its been 9 months and i tried the luv button and of course message of "cannot be processed at this time, please call Discover"...havent used the card in almost a month so will just pay off the remaiing balance and in the SD it will go.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 9 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Discover is stingy. I got an auto cli a few days after 6th statement, from 4000 to 4750.

Lol one of my lowest limits heh.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.