cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It APR Reduction.....on Live Chat!

tag
CollegeStudent530
Regular Contributor

Discover It APR Reduction.....on Live Chat!

It took less than 5 minutes to request an APR reduction through Discover's Live Chat service.

Results:

Jody: Great! I have applied the new rate for you. Future interest charges will be calculated at Prime + 10.99% which equals 14.24% beginning with your 08/26/13 billing statement. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Me: Nope. Thanks!

I have had my Discover It since June 2012. My last credit score pulled by American Express was TU 766 on 7/6/2013. Two months ago, I requested a credit limit increase from $2,000 to $5,000 and was approved. Discover is in my sock drawer, but I thought it would be beneficial to request a lower APR gradually overtime.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover It APR Reduction.....on Live Chat!

Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 22
CollegeStudent530
Regular Contributor

Thanks! My previous APR with Discover was 17.99%.

Message 3 of 22
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATS!

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 4 of 22
slothy
Contributor

just did mine - down 2% Smiley Very Happy - thanks for the tip!

"Betty: I appreciate you waiting for me! Given your outstanding membership with us, I am more than excited to confirm there are some other rate options available at this time. Please keep in mind that your existing balance was formed under the agreement of your current rate therefore we are unable to alter it"

Message 5 of 22
Kels

That's great! I have been really impressed with Discover's customer service so far.

Starting Score: 09/2012 635 EXP [myFICO]
683 EQ [myFICO] | 692 EXP [Lender] | 700 TRANS [Walmart FICO]

Current Scores are as of 08/2013: On my way to 700's. Too many Inquiries - In the GARDEN 08/2013
Message 6 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 22
liz2011

Congrats, is this on new purchases or does it apply to previous balance as well?  They are refusing to lower my APR on my existing balance, telling me they have had a company wide policy not to do so on anyone's account since 2009.  I have an excellent credit history and am a loyal customer to them so it is very frustrating.

Message 8 of 22
slothy
Contributor

@liz2011 wrote:

Congrats, is this on new purchases or does it apply to previous balance as well?  They are refusing to lower my APR on my existing balance, telling me they have had a company wide policy not to do so on anyone's account since 2009.  I have an excellent credit history and am a loyal customer to them so it is very frustrating.

from my understanding the way she explained it was any existing balance is the old apr, any new purchase/balance from that point on was the new apr

Message 9 of 22
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats, thats better than what my reecent reduction was, here is the gist of mine:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your Discover(R) account. We're pleased to lower your rate to a variable standard Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of Prime Rate + 13.99%, currently on new purchases made on or after the first day of your current billing period.

This doesn't change the terms of any promotional rate offers you may have. Please see the terms of those offers for the rates that apply, including the rate that applies upon expiration of the promotional rate. You can also review your Cardmember Agreement for additional details about the terms of your APR.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.