cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

@jpparker07 wrote:

Nowadays any extra money is welcomed. So I'm happy.

My original slightly negative comment was more because of the thread title:

> Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

If people use a Discover card for non-bonus spending, yes, they should switch, if it only takes a few minutes.  But not really BIG new IMO, as the gains are tiny, and there are better choices for this spending in many cases.

Message 51 of 141
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

Can anyone confirm if you can still use Shop with Points at Amazon if you switch?

Message 52 of 141
jpparker07
New Contributor

I created the post. The big news to me was a couple of things. One I was shocked that Discover It is now the one and only card with Discover. Also, I love the Discover customer service and was looking for an opportunity to make this an everyday card and I think the 1% makes that much more competitive with other every day cards (i.e. Chase Freedom which I also have).

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 53 of 141
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@jpparker07 wrote:

I created the post. The big news to me was a couple of things. One I was shocked that Discover It is now the one and only card with Discover. Also, I love the Discover customer service and was looking for an opportunity to make this an everyday card and I think the 1% makes that much more competitive with other every day cards (i.e. Chase Freedom which I also have).

I just called and converted. She told me you get everything you get with the More card plus the added bonuses of the IT card. The only thing they don't have yet is a student version and there's also no ZIP card yet. She said they are testing out new designs right now so if you don't like the current IT card design you will be able to switch to a new one when they launch them. She did say that there's a possibility of there being a ZIP IT card. I love Discover's customer service and this is why it's my primary use card.

Message 54 of 141
bndresa1321
Valued Member

@HiLine wrote:

@bndresa1321 wrote:

I called to get my card switched over the summer (mostly based on card design), after reading there weren't many changes to rewards, very happy with my Discover IT, I get compliments about it almost every time I use it.  

Which design did you select if you don't mind me asking? Smiley Happy

Just the original Discover IT design, silver with all of the information on the back of the card.  I'm a big fan of the chrome-like shine and the thickness of the card.  I'm sure I'll change it up once more card designs become available.  

Credit Cards:
Capital One Platinum MC (11/2009) - $2K | Discover IT(07/2011) - $1.25K | GECRB Visa (07/2012) - $2.17K | Citi Dividend Visa (12/2012) - $4K | Chase Freedom Visa (12/2012) - $5K | AMEX BCP (11/2014) - $5K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa (12/2014) - $9K

Message 55 of 141
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I just called and switched to the it.  Looks like it will compliment the Q1 categories of the Freedom quite nice

Message 56 of 141

For those wondering if it's worth the trouble...

0.25% of $3,000 is $7.50

1% of $3,000 is $30.00

That equates to an additional $22.50 cash back per year for making the switch from More to It.

Personally, it's not enough money to make me drop everything and dash to the phone for a product change like many folks in this thread.  But I'll certainly consider making the switch sometime in the next few months. Smiley Happy

Message 57 of 141
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

What number are you all calling for a conversion? The frontline rep for More card was clueless.

Message 58 of 141
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

call back..... I had to speak to a different rep.

Just state that you read the more card is being phased out and you would like to convert to the IT card.

They will transfer, and the IT team will convert in 2 seconds.

I have only had the more card since 9/12, and they had no issue in changing the card.

Message 59 of 141
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Ok done. Was a lot easier speaking to a rep from Utah. Earlier I got a rep from Delaware that was not too helpful.

Message 60 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.