cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

I just received my new Discover IT card. It was delivered fast. I had it converted on the 28th and the card delivered on the 30th. It's a pretty neat looking little card. The card is plastic but it has a metal looking design with ridges on the front. Info is on the back on the card. Same account number and all so I'm gonna keep my other design in use for now.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 131 of 141
HiLine
Blogger

But don't apply for the It card. Applying for the More card with $200 sign-up bonus is much more beneficial.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/To-those-thinking-of-applying-for-Discover-It/td-p/1761...

Message 132 of 141
chan85
Established Contributor

Called and switched as I was reading through the 14 pages of posts lol

Will be here in the next few days since my billing cycle closes tomorrow!! Now if I could only get an increase from my measly $500 CL or a drop in my APR rate without a hard credit pull, Discover would be my go to card!

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 133 of 141
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

What are approval odds for this card? Scores required? Is it good for people with limited history? Thanks Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 134 of 141
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

But don't apply for the It card. Applying for the More card with $200 sign-up bonus is much more beneficial.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/To-those-thinking-of-applying-for-Discover-It/td-p/1761...

You keep spamming your own link on other threads but you never provided any actual proof to back up your claims. Seems to me you just want views so you spam your post wherever you can. If people wanted to view the thread they would. All you're doing is junking up other peoples posts. Some of your points are also way off, like:

"First of all, the benefits of the card aren't all clear. It may be missing some perks that the Discover More offers."

Been confirmed by multiple people on this forum that got in contact with Discover CSRs that the IT offers the same benefits that More does plus a few other added ones.

I am not attacking you but it would be nice to login just one day and not see your thread spammed all over the place. Also now that Discover got rid of the Card Builder you are just posting your own affilitate link to get people to sign up for Discover under you so you can earn money.

Message 135 of 141
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

^+1
I knew i wasnt the only one thinking that

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 136 of 141
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Do you get the promotional 0% APR period with a PC from More to IT?  I'm going to do it either way, but it would be nice to know.

Message 137 of 141
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Anyone?

Message 138 of 141
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@yellowcake wrote:

Do you get the promotional 0% APR period with a PC from More to IT?  I'm going to do it either way, but it would be nice to know.

I don't believe so. When I converted I didn't get any promo.

Message 139 of 141
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Got it, thanks!

Message 140 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.