cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

tag
jpparker07
New Contributor

Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

I know there are previous posts on this card about how it disappeared and how now the Discover It card is the main card on the page. I called and I have a few HUGE (when it comes to credit cards) confirmations.

1. Discover More is GONE. Discover representative confirmed that they are moving towards the IT immediately. There is even a specific number to deal with new Discover It inquiries. Discover More clients aren't being changed as of yet, but most will change on their own because......

2. The Discover It offers 1% cashback on every purchase. THERE IS NO 3000 DOLLAR THRESHOLD. I immediately product changed into the Discover It, obviously.

3. The transition is extremely easy took 2 minutes. This makes me think they are hoping most people will begin to do this on there own without having to transition them later on.

I recommend that everyone product change. You lose being able to choose your own design but that 1% thing is pretty significant!

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 1 of 141
140 REPLIES 140
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

Wow! This is big news!
Message 2 of 141
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

You are mistaken about the rewards. Click on the terms and conditions link and you will find the following:

REWARDS: We will send full terms and conditions with your card. Earn .25% Cashback Bonus® on your first $3000 in annual purchases and on all warehouse purchases made at warehouse clubs, wholesale distributors, discount stores and their affiliates. Earn 1% on purchases over $3000. Each quarterly 5% program has a cap on category purchases. The amount of the cap may change. 5% category purchases over the quarterly cap earn up to 1% Cashback Bonus. Warehouse and 5% category purchases do not count towards your first $3000.

Message 3 of 141
jpparker07
New Contributor

I specifically asked the representative if the It Cards differs from the More in that there is no threshold before you earn 1% and she said that I was correct. You earn 1% right out of the gate. It happened since they made the change (which was yesterday). So maybe current IT cardholders are still earning .25 up to this point.

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Message 4 of 141
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

When I click on "Terms and Conditions", I see this:

REWARDS:  We will send full terms and conditions with your card.  Each quarterly 5% program has a cap on category purchases and you must sign up for each program.  The amount of the cap may change.  5% category purchases over the quarterly cap, and all other purchases, earn a full 1% cash back. Click here to see the current 5% program details.

If that's really true, then that's a huge improvement!

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 5 of 141
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

I just swtiched, talked to a rep and she confirmed it was 1% on everything with no pre spending amount requirement. Considering I maxed out this quaters category in 2 weeks this change was a no-brainer. 

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 6 of 141
jpparker07
New Contributor

And now it has changed to what you are saying. I have no idea whats going on now! I called and they said 1% from the start.

Message 7 of 141
nick125
Valued Member

Just called and upgraded my More card. They did confirm that it is 1% cashback without the tiers. 

Alliant CU (12/11, $12.5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $3.3k); Discover IT (7/12, $30.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $26k); Capital One Venture (3/15; $24k)
Message 8 of 141
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

No metal card?? ;(

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 9 of 141
HiLine
Blogger

I would rather wait for the official Terms&Conditions. CSR's being misinformed is not a new story, especially during periods of significant product portfolio re-structuring.

Message 10 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.