cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

Can someone post a screenshot of the new card designs from the web site? Or just post the pictures URL, which is a generic address. I was going to convert to It but would lose several benefits so I decided to stay. I was hoping with the national launch of It, they would allow everything to move over. The other issue is the rep told me the global chip Discover is coming to More but not It. I'd rather have the chip card so I guess I'm stuck.

Message 111 of 141
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Can someone post a screenshot of the new card designs from the web site? Or just post the pictures URL, which is a generic address. I was going to convert to It but would lose several benefits so I decided to stay. I was hoping with the national launch of It, they would allow everything to move over. The other issue is the rep told me the global chip Discover is coming to More but not It. I'd rather have the chip card so I guess I'm stuck.

Which country do you go that widely accepts Discover anyways? I know Discover can be processed to JCB network in Japan, and China also widely accepts Discover.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 112 of 141
mxp114
Valued Contributor

The chip isn't the barrier, it would be the loss of the benefits even though I don't use them :/

Message 113 of 141
HiLine
Blogger

I plan to keep my More until everything settles and the It proves to be just the More with a different cash back bonus structure and design, or Discover forces an automatic conversion, whichever comes first. I know there'll be no going back once I switch, so I'm not going to rush to save a few cents without knowing exactly what I'm stepping into.

Message 114 of 141
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I just called; got routed to Arizona customer service center. My More has now been converted! Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 115 of 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

The chip isn't the barrier, it would be the loss of the benefits even though I don't use them :/

What benefits?

Message 116 of 141
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Airport lounge membership, concierge, and some other travel benefits.

Message 117 of 141
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Yes, worth waiting to see if they would carry over to IT as grandfathered benefits.  

I would also be concerned though, as it appears Discover is moving towards a more streamlined set of products, that they would remove those benefits eventually anyway.

(I come from telecomm where we try to get people off old plans using "incentives" or lies, whichever works!).

Message 118 of 141
kekrre
Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Do you know who Discover contracts with to provide this? Priority Pass? Lounge Club? Directly with airlines?

|||||||
Message 119 of 141
stone
Regular Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

hi mxp114, whats your stragety to get so many high CL cards? All my seven cards are around $5000.

Message 120 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.