cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

tag
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover It Big NEWS! All Discover cardmembers must read!!

@bs6054 wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

Priceline Visa and Fidelity Amex both offer 2% on everything, so not sure why this is SO exciting!

There are more than just the two you listed as well.

Out of interest, what are they?  I know some that are no longer available to new customers (Sallie Mae, Schwarb), and others that aren't really unrestricted cash back (Cap One Venture), so more names would be good!

Off the top of my head, these are some of the flat cashback cards for the miscenalious categories or simply general spending on all purchases. Not sure about restrictions

Capital 1 Cash Rewards flat 1.5% no spending caps ? but A/F
Fidelity Investments Rewards AmEx flat 2% or Visa 1.5% with no spening caps. Must sign up for free account to transfer funds and redeem. Elegible to transfer the award amount into your own checking account 

PNC CashBuilder flat 1.25% or up to 1.75% with PNC checking account and terms met

Barclays Priceline ( supposedly flat 2% , although im not familar with this )

USAA CashRewards 1.25% flat i believe. Full membership needed

There are more that also work on a points based system for general or misc. spenidng that exceed a typical 1% and can be reedemed as a statement credit and possibly cash back into another account

Checking accounts with some banks  can maximize your cash back to compensate a typical 1% award . ( i.e.) BoA offers 10% on 25.00 which is the minimum to deposit into a checking account. 25.00 now turns into 27.50 it goes up if you reedem at a higher increments. I know Chase has something similar as well. 

Message 61 of 141
HiLine
Blogger

@AF_23 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

Priceline Visa and Fidelity Amex both offer 2% on everything, so not sure why this is SO exciting!

There are more than just the two you listed as well.

Out of interest, what are they?  I know some that are no longer available to new customers (Sallie Mae, Schwarb), and others that aren't really unrestricted cash back (Cap One Venture), so more names would be good!

Off the top of my head, these are some of the flat cashback cards for the miscenalious categories or simply general spending on all purchases. Not sure about restrictions

Capital 1 Cash Rewards flat 1.5% no spending caps but A/F
Fidelity Investments Rewards AmEx flat 2% or Visa 1.5% with no spening caps. 

PNC CashBuilder flat 1.25% up to 1.75% with checking account

Barclays Priceline ( supposedly flat 2% , although im not familar with this )

USAA CashRewards 1.25% flat i believe

There are more that also work on a points based system for general or misc. spenidng that exceed a typical 1% and can be reedemed as a statement credit and possibly cash back into another account

Checking accounts with some banks  can maximize your cash back to compensate a typical 1% award . ( i.e.) BoA offers 10% on 25.00 which is the minimum to deposit into a checking account. 25.00 now turns into 27.50 it goes up if you reedem at a higher increments. I know Chase has something similar as well. 

I would add BankAmericard Travel Rewards card which gives 1.5%, or 1.65% if you have a BofA checking account. 3%/3.3% if you book travels through their site.

Message 62 of 141
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

^ Agree, i have the regular 1-2-3 and BoA checking and its excellent and so easy to redeem and pay my CC.  I saw someone here say that T/R card will cease to exist in the future ? Could just be rumor. 

Message 63 of 141
bs6054
Valued Contributor

OK, I guess a misunderstanding.  I specifically meant: Any other pure 2% cashback cards currently available other than the two I mentioned, Priceline and Fidelity Amex.

Didn't see new ones in your lists!   I agree there are lots paying more than 1!

Also: Capital 1 Cash Rewards flat 1.5% no spending caps but A/F 

The "excellent credit" version has no A/F.

Message 64 of 141
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

can i upgrade my more card without converting to it?

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 65 of 141
HiLine
Blogger

@scottwagnon wrote:

can i upgrade my more card without converting to it?

What do you mean by "upgrade"

Message 66 of 141
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

As I understand the program the IT card also qualifies for the 5% catagories as the more card did. 

The only difference is the 1% back on purhcases.

Message 67 of 141
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Can I PC online?  I really want to switch, but I'm at work and can't call, lol!!

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 68 of 141
genmic
Established Member

@sakhalin070 wrote:

Can I PC online?  I really want to switch, but I'm at work and can't call, lol!!

I tried to PC via secure message but they replied back that I had to call CS.

Message 69 of 141
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

OK, I guess a misunderstanding.  I specifically meant: Any other pure 2% cashback cards currently available other than the two I mentioned, Priceline and Fidelity Amex.

Didn't see new ones in your lists!   I agree there are lots paying more than 1!

Also: Capital 1 Cash Rewards flat 1.5% no spending caps but A/F 

The "excellent credit" version has no A/F.

If you apply for a cap1 plat MC through a mail offer with no AF you can PC to cash rewards. thats what I did. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 70 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.