Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It CLI Request - did I get it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It CLI Request - did I get it?

I have a Discover It card currently sitting at a $7,500 credit limit. A few days after the new year, I requested a CLI and was granted an increase from $6,000 to the $7,500 limit I'm currently at. I requested another CLI today since it's a soft pull and figured there's no harm in trying again a little over a month later, and this time I was given a message saying that my request will be reviewed and that most requests are handled within two business days.

I've never gotten a message like this before - in the past it's flat out told me that the request was declined and I'd receive a reason why in the mail. This time it just said I had to wait on a decision. In my experience, that means I didn't get it, but does anyone have any experience with this?

I was thinking that it could be due to the fact that I already have a relatively high limit of $7,500, does that sound right?

Any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
alkaline
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover It CLI Request - did I get it?

I got a CLI on my Discover it a couple of weeks ago. I got the same message and a few days later I had a higher credit line Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! If you don't mind my asking, how much did your limit increase? They've only been bumping me up by $1,500 the last few times I've been approved.

Any idea what prompts the manual review? 

Message 3 of 8
alkaline
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome! If you don't mind my asking, how much did your limit increase? They've only been bumping me up by $1,500 the last few times I've been approved.

Any idea what prompts the manual review? 

Two weeks ago I went from $9800 to $14300, a $4500 increase. Before that one, I had a CLI from $8300 to $9800 ($1500) back in early December. The only thing that really changed between then and now is I started using my Discover card for my daily spending. I'll probably keep focusing my spend on it until I hit $20000 then I'll move on to another card I want to increase the limit on... seems like this plan has been working Smiley Happy

No clue what prompts the manual review Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

First off 2-days are common when you're requesting sooner than 3-6 months.

Second if you get a 2-day late on a Friday you probably won't see a result online until Monday or Tuesday and if you're waiting for an e-mail it might be a few days later than that.  If it's denied you'll get something in the mail but, can check periodically by hitting the CLI button again and it says nothing to do then it's still pending and if you get the form to fill out then you know it got denied.

Third...  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/m-p/4802538

Fourth.... use it and setup autopay for the balance at a minimum to get some good growth out of it.  i.e. I got 18k+ out of them in CLI's in the past 4 months

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies guys. I've been checking the CLI page and it still says the request is processing but then again, it is the weekend so that may be why as well.

Would it be worth it to call them to expedite the review or just leave it be?

Update: just logged in to the account center and was only granted $1,000 this time. Going to try again in another 30 days and keep building it up. Thanks for the help guys!

Message 6 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Instead of every 30 try 60 and it should increase a bit to be significant over the long haul.  That $1000 might turn into $3000+ with just a bit more time between requests.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

Instead of every 30 try 60 and it should increase a bit to be significant over the long haul.  That $1000 might turn into $3000+ with just a bit more time between requests.

Will do. I bumped the reminder date up an extra month so hopefully I'll see a bigger increase. Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.