Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Denied because of Phone?

tag
Shyone44
Contributor

Discover It Denied because of Phone?

My son applied for the Discover It card and after checking the online status they asked him to send over proof that he was in school, which he did. He received a letter today stating reason for denial was "Unable to verify residence telephone". Nobody has called here asking for him at all. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last app 3/21/13
EQ 658 (5/28/13)
TU 608 (5/1/13)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover It Denied because of Phone?

@Shyone44 wrote:

My son applied for the Discover It card and after checking the online status they asked him to send over proof that he was in school, which he did. He received a letter today stating reason for denial was "Unable to verify residence telephone". Nobody has called here asking for him at all. Has anyone else experienced this?

Definitely call Discover.

Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Check the backdoor thread, call up. If his cell phone is registered billed to a different address than the one he put on the app it might have kicked out a denial.

Should be no more than verifying his identity to get approved.
Message 4 of 9
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Call Discover, and verify your son's identity.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 5 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with calling... this should be easy to clear up.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 9
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Call in and keep us updated! Good luck!

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 7 of 9
blk8
Regular Contributor

Make sure he put the correct phone number and didn't acceidentaly fat finger it when he applied.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 8 of 9
codesingh
Regular Contributor

They are very keen on verifying the identity of the applicant. They had me hang up and take their instant call back and had me send them fax utility bills for address verification.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.