Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Miles

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It Miles

I might be interested in the Miles card one day when my app spree is a distant memory and I have no inquiries on my reports, I was planning on applying when it first came out but boy was it hard to get!

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also just remember, if you would apply for the chase AARP card you would get $200 after $500 spend...and you would have to spend $556 a month on the IT miles the first year and $13.3k the 2nd year to get to that level.....

Any info on how hard it is to PC with disco? 

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Well I learned something new.  I'm not sure why they call it "miles" or why anyone would want the regular 1% cash back card versus this one (except for the 5% categories which this quarter is gas - meh).

+1  I'll definitely keep it on my radar for when other priorities are complete. Thanks OP for the thread. I assumed it was a reduced redemption if not for travel like Arrival.

ETA: Question - Does it generally have 0% BT offers like the It? Both mine and DH's always have 0% for a shorter time or 4.99% for a longer time. 

ETA2: Also wonder how many people have both - Miles and It? 

Message 23 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Well I learned something new.  I'm not sure why they call it "miles" or why anyone would want the regular 1% cash back card versus this one (except for the 5% categories which this quarter is gas - meh).

+1  I'll definitely keep it on my radar for when other priorities are complete. Thanks OP for the thread. I assumed it was a reduced redemption if not for travel like Arrival.

The ads come with the statement, as with the IT, that double cash back the first year is a promo which may not always be offered.   But without that, I don't see that this card would be worthwhile, unless they offer a bonus.

Message 24 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also just remember, if you would apply for the chase AARP card you would get $200 after $500 spend...and you would have to spend $556 a month on the IT miles the first year and $13.3k the 2nd year to get to that level.....

Any info on how hard it is to PC with disco? 

What is your calculation there?   It generally depends on your starting point.  My earlier calculation assumed you have a 2% card, and you can choose between applying for the Miles or for a card with a $200 sign up.   Then you would need to spend $20K in the first year to beat the bonus.   I would not put any spend on Miles after the first year!

For many though, the answer is to get both, especially with a card like AARP with a small spend requirement.  Spend the $500, get the Miles and put all non-cat spend on that for the first year.

Message 25 of 26
DU556
Regular Contributor

I have the regular Discover Miles card (not IT) and I called yesterday to try and PC to the IT miles card with no success. I've actually called several times over the past 5 months but they will not PC me. currently, I only get 1% cash back so 1.5% would be much better for me. I always redeem my miles at amazon. i don't know why people don't talk about paying with miles at checkout over at amazon.com

I think this is the best way to purchase stuff. you can also use many other points cards to pay at checkout at Amazon.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.