Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Pre-Approval

tag
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

Discover It Pre-Approval

A couple of weeks ago, I got a Discover It card with a CL of $4,500 and the 0% APR for 14 months and then my APR would be 14.99% thereafter.  Here's the thing, I just received a pre-approval in the mail for a Discover It card with the same 0% APR offer for 14 months and the APR would be 10.99% afterwards.  I would definitely like to have the lower interest rate, no doubt about it.  What should I do?  Should I complete the pre-approval application and apply for another Discover It card or should I call Discover and bring it to their attention in the hopes that they would lower my APR from 14.99% to 10.99% once my initial 0% offer is up?  I appreciate any suggestions.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Discover It Pre-Approval

Just keep the account in good standing.

When the promo period ends, you can call them to adjust your APR. I tried calling in a couple weeks ago and they said they can't do anything until my promo period ends.

If you apply for another card now it will be another inquiry + new account reporting, so it's not really worthwhile in my opinion.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.