cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Secured Graduate Early for Anyone?

tag
Te3030
Regular Contributor

Discover It Secured Graduate Early for Anyone?

Wondering if anyone who has Discover it Secured graduated before the 12 mos they tell you?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Secured Graduate Early for Anyone?

When I called the other week they said that couldn't happen, I could put in my updated income information, but other than that it'll still have to go through the one year mark. It's upsetting too because I'm now getting approved for unsecured cards with $1K+ limits, sucks having a secured card, but the benefits are excellent, so I'll keep the card until it graduates!

Message 2 of 4
Te3030
Regular Contributor

Your score is great now & you would most likely qualify for Discover unsecured. How long have you had your Discover? 

I'm trying to decide if I should get the secured or just hold out longer & reapply later.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just started with the card 6-7 months ago, it was my first card at 20 years. When you call they'll let you know if your account is eligible or not, but they told me I'd still have to wait the one year period, and even then it's not guaranteed. Would love to get my $300 refunded!!! If I were you though, I'd go for it, the card has nice benefits. If you want to reapply though, I'd call and figure out why they didn't approve you, and try to negotiate with them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.