Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Secured Graduated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Secured Graduated

My 12th statement cut yesterday. Now my account is showing a negative running balance. Is this typical right before it graduates to unsecured? Everything else appears the same. When I attempt a CLI I get the same old "CLI on It Secured can only be done by phone"message.

My current TU FICO is 685. My overall utilization is between 20-30 percent. I have carried a large balance on this card for a few months, then paid it off with one large payment. When my statement cut I had a balance of around $300 with a $2000 limit.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It Secured

I don't think thats typical.

I think they will send you a check with your deposit.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I graduated. My statement date was 11-27. I noticed a negative running balance. Then yesterday when I tried a CLI it gave a new message of technical diffficulties. This morning when I try for a CLI it prompts me for my information.

I graduated 3 days after my 12 statement date. I will update if I get an auto CLI.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Smiley Happy 

No joy for me yet ... but my TU isn't as high as yours ... I'm assuming that's why I haven't yet. 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel a little confused, are you asking if you graduated or are you saying you did?

I know when my card graduated last week I wasnt sure what was going on, but I did get my deposit back at the end of last week and I also was able to get a CLI

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got impatient and decided to try for the CLI. I entered my information and got approved for a $500 increase. I went from $2000 to $2500. Still waiting for the graduation email and deposit check.

Message 6 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

If you call them, you migh be able to get another 500 in addition to that...

Theres a number .. dont confuse it with a true recon.... 

**bleep**. i cant remember it.. its on this forum....

But you do want to do it sooner not later if you want to try for it.

-J

Edit..

Also, a couple of people mentioned calling 800-347-4856 the same day as their CLI and getting another matching or more CLI from the follow up call.

YMMV of course... and id probably decline to take an HP if they ask for one..

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Secured Graduated

Interesting if they credit rather than sending a check.  Most reports include discussion of receiving a check.

Frankly, if mine happens to graduate soon (which would be amazing) I'd take the account credit right now.  I went a little spendy with the sales over Black Friday to Cyber Monday (department stores + discover deals = 10% cash back) and while I'm still going to pay the statement balance I wouldn't mind just not having to worry about that bill, hahaha.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Secured Graduated

I don't think they will credit my account. My running balance flipping to a negative was just the very first sign my account was graduating to unsecured. I was worried I wouldnt graduate because up until a few months ago all my cards were maxed out. Also, I burned Discover in my first bankruptcy, but not in the most recent one. Once I get my total utilization back under ten percent I'm sure my FICO will shoot back up to 700.

Capital One QS $4700 opened 11/15 as Platinum Mastercard with $300 SL

Capital One Journey $2000 opened 2/16 with $500 SL

Capital One QS1 $500 opened 11/16 LOL, don't app for cards when you have a really high utilization with Capital One!

Barclay Rewards MC $750 opened 2/16

Barclay Apple Visa $2000 opened 11/16

Discover It $2500 opened 11/15

Chapter 7 BK filed 6/15, Discharged 9/15

I'm going to give Discover a call and see if I can add to my CLI. I'm going to go into the garden and let all inquires fall off, then make runs at Amex, BOA, and Chase.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the number. That is the Credit Line Increase department. The rep told me $2500 was the highest she could go without a hard pull. So, I declined. I'll hit the LUV button again in six months.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.