cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Secured - Just received message to update my profile which is 11 months old

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Secured - Just received message to update my profile which is 11 months old

I opened a Discover It SECURED card in May 2016.

11 months later:

04/14/2017 I received a message on the mobile app to update my profile (Address, Phone, Income, Rent Amount, Assets).

04/17/2017 is my due date.

04/18/2017 is my cut date.

Could this mean they are considering converting me to the unsecured card and they need updated information to make a decision?

Or is this common practice to get yearly (or periodic) updates on income and such?

The reason I am asking is because I was going to call in to see about getting it converted to the unsecured card. But now I am wondering if I should just wait to see if it happens automatically, then try to double dip.

Should I just hold off on calling and see if it automatically updates at 12 months?

What are your thoughts here?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Secured - Just received message to update my profile which is 11 months old

A lot of us got that same email. There is a thread on it.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Secured - Just received message to update my profile which is 11 months old

@Anonymous wrote:
A lot of us got that same email. There is a thread on it.

Oh, I didn't see that. I finally found it on page 5 of this sub-forum.

I responded there.

For others that happen upon my post, here is the thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Warning-weird-email-from-Discover/td-p/4916882

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.