Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It cli question

tag
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

Discover It cli question

I got approved for the IT card February 28 my fourth statement just cut I use the card a lot about $1500 a month making 3-4 payments a month to keep uti down pif every month except this month my question is when should I ask for a cli and how should I ask for it 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Discover It cli question

You can try and log onto your discover account ask for an cli there, they will tell you if you need an HP . You can decline from there. Second option is by calling number on back of card and asking for an cli there. They will tell you if you need an HP 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I got an auto CLI on my 4th statement.

How many actual statements do you have on their site?

What was your initial limit?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 5
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

4 actual statements starting limit $1400

Message 4 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Never hurts to call and speak with a person. Don't be offended if they don't have that availability right away when you speak to them. This happens and isn't the end of the world. You can try the automated line as well for a CLI -- if they need more info you can either speak to them or hang up and wait for your decision.

In my opinion, if you are using your card that much and paying it down that much each month just give it time and you for sure will either receive an automatic increase or they will definitely be willing to give you a soft pull credit limit increase.

Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.