Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It just for FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It just for FICO score?

@Closingracer99 wrote:
I wouldn't bother with it imo just for a FICO score. With rotating categories it can be one of the most beneficial rewards card of you utilize it right. For the next 6 months amazon will be 10% cash back so all my amazon spending will be on it

I'm sorry to pull this thread off topic, but I've seen people mention the 10% on Amazon for 6 months a couple of times now and am confused. Amazon is coming up on the next quarterly deal for 5%, so that will doubled to 10%, understood. But where's the other 3 months come from? Help would be much appreciated if anyone doesn't mind explaining. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:
I wouldn't bother with it imo just for a FICO score. With rotating categories it can be one of the most beneficial rewards card of you utilize it right. For the next 6 months amazon will be 10% cash back so all my amazon spending will be on it

I'm sorry to pull this thread off topic, but I've seen people mention the 10% on Amazon for 6 months a couple of times now and am confused. Amazon is coming up on the next quarterly deal for 5%, so that will doubled to 10%, understood. But where's the other 3 months come from? Help would be much appreciated if anyone doesn't mind explaining. Smiley Happy

the 5% for next quarter is for amazon, and online shopping i think is the last quarter of the year so that includes amazon as well. So its not really 10% its two seperate quarters of 5% if i am understanding that correctly 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

the 5% for next quarter is for amazon, and online shopping i think is the last quarter of the year so that includes amazon as well. So its not really 10% its two seperate quarters of 5% if i am understanding that correctly 

Oh I see, that makes sense, thanks for the reply! It seems surprising that they'd have Amazon included in two back to back categories though doesn't it? Not gonna complain if that's the case though!

Message 13 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Oh I see, that makes sense, thanks for the reply! It seems surprising that they'd have Amazon included in two back to back categories though doesn't it? Not gonna complain if that's the case though!

It is. For 4th quarter if you do any amazon shopping freedom+discover is a nice combo to have :-)

I would like to make an correction , apparently discover is running double cash back promotion, so that is where you are getting 10% on amazon, which sounds pretty good i may need to look into that.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

It is. For 4th quarter if you do any amazon shopping freedom+discover is a nice combo to have :-)

I would like to make an correction , apparently discover is running double cash back promotion, so that is where you are getting 10% on amazon, which sounds pretty good i may need to look into that.

Nice to know, thanks again. And yeah, the double cash back promotion is super cool, definitely sign up for that if you haven't! Smiley Happy

(Sorry again for hijacking the thread OP! I'm done now.)

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.