Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It questions

tag
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Discover It questions

1. I saw something about cash back at the register. This would be super handy as we often have to get cash out for the kids. Can you do this at Walmart and is it the same as your purchase rate?

2. Is there an age limit for au? I know amex is 15.

Thanks.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Discover It questions

@mountainmom wrote:
1. I saw something about cash back at the register. This would be super handy as we often have to get cash out for the kids. Can you do this at Walmart and is it the same as your purchase rate?

Thanks.

1) yes you can use it and its just like a ATM but your limited on how much cash you can get per day 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 3 of 7
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

We usually just get 20-40 at a time for the kids spending money.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mountainmom wrote:
We usually just get 20-40 at a time for the kids spending money.

Good to go 

One of the great perks of the card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

@mountainmom wrote:

Thanks.

1. the max cashback per transaction seems to be $40. If you want, you can spilt your purchase into multiple transactions and you can do $40 each time. Not too sure if you will get into trouble for doing that too frequently though.  You can do this at Walmart. List of merchants here: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/cash-over-purchases.html

The APR rate is the same as your standard APR rate. You are not charged cash advance fees. If I am not wrong you do not get cashback however on the "cash over" portion.

2. Not too sure. I don't think it'll be an issue since the AU is not responsible for the payment of the account.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.