Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It statement reporting

tag
k-s
Regular Contributor

Discover It statement reporting

So, I made a mistake. I wasn't thinking about the time it would take to post, and I made my Discover payment too late for it to report a $0 balance. Discover reported a couple of days ago and my $800 Christmas balance lowered my Fico score by 12 points. In the grand scheme of things, I know that this isn't a huge deal, but it was kind of bugging me that I do have a $0 balance, but my score is still suffering lol. I was on the phone with Discover this evening to activate DBF's new It card and I mentioned my mistake to the rep. She was so sweet! She put me on hold for a moment and when she came back, she said that she had put in a request for a mid cycle update and that my account would report again this Friday so that I could show a $0 balance. I have to say, as much as I love them, I have never gotten this kind of treatment from an Amex CSR. So impressed with this level of service and very happy to be a Discover customer. 

PS, for those who read my earlier post about our troubles with the Freedom, we are STILL waiting for a response from Chase. Chase is looking less and less 'prime' to me every day....

EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pembrokepride
Contributor

Re: Discover It statement reporting

+1 in my short time with Discover I find the CSR people go above and beyond a very nice change from a lot of companies customer service departments!

In garden as of 04-06-14 to 12/01/14

Starting score EQ MyFico 646 11/29/13 Current 691 EQ MyFico SW 04/03/14
Starting score EX MyFico 657 12/01/13 Current 686 EX MyFico 03/01/14
Starting score TU MyFico 627 12/02/13 Current 696 Barkclay 03/26/14
Message 2 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Good for you! 

Message 3 of 11
samm90
New Contributor

I've been extremely impressed with discover and their customer service as well. Amex has been decent. WF American but not fantastic. Chace has only activated my card... so no opinion yet.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 4 of 11
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

you sound high maintenance

and really sweet.

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 5 of 11
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I love Discover, I put them at the top in almost every Cat except Intern'l acceptance, which is fine by me since I don't travel abroad very often. 

Message 6 of 11
k-s
Regular Contributor

@oscar_actuary wrote:

and really sweet.

Haha! Honestly, I'll agree with both assesments. 

Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 7 of 11
k-s
Regular Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

I love Discover, I put them at the top in almost every Cat except Intern'l acceptance, which is fine by me since I don't travel abroad very often. 

True. It's unfortunate to have a card with no FTF, but also not accepted anywhere. I am definitely going to need to convince CapOne to give me a decent CLI before my trip to Mexico next year, I'll need a Visa/MC with no FTF. 

Message 8 of 11
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@oscar_actuary wrote:

and really sweet.

LOL! You put that just right, oscar_actuary.

FWIW, I've also been high maintenance with Discover (can't say whether I've been sweet or not) and their CSRs have always been instantly willing to do mid-cycle reporting. I agree, best customer service around. I can't understand how Amex keeps winning that JD Power service award year after year, when Discover's customer service simply can't be beat.

Message 9 of 11
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@k-s wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

True. It's unfortunate to have a card with no FTF, but also not accepted anywhere. I am definitely going to need to convince CapOne to give me a decent CLI before my trip to Mexico next year, I'll need a Visa/MC with no FTF. 

Yeah, every time you talk to them about it, they swear they're being accepted in more and more and more places. I hope it's true. But they're never accepted in the countries and places I go, and if they are, it's not in the kind of obscure, off the beaten path hostels and restaurants and guesthouses I go to.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.