Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover It

@tanwatson wrote:
I got my denial letter in the mail today! Should I recon? The denial was due to too many inquires in the last 6 months DTI collection (which is paid) and a car note was late ( I co-signed and the car was paid last Year) my Eq was a 614. What should I do?

614 is quite low, is that a FICO score?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 16
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

How old is the collection?

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
tanwatson
Established Member

Yes that's fico. It was 544 in Jan 2013. The collection reported in 2006 it's a medical bill.
Message 13 of 16
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

sorry to hear you got denied...i applied for it last month as well with a fico score similar to yours...i didn't recon since i didn't even know about such things...lol...til i found this great community...i'm just gonna sit back for at least 6 months or so while i improve my score before reapp...if you paid your collection in full, maybe just wait a few months for it to show on your reports or contact the agency as to why it's not appearing that you paid it in full.

dc

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 14 of 16
tanwatson
Established Member

It's ok my goal is to buy a house this year,so it's ok. The it's reporting paid in full with a zero balance. I got a couple of store cards and a capital one so I am going to do the same. I got a letter from Barclay MasterCard for further information before they can can approve me so I will pursue that then to the garden for awhile.
Message 15 of 16
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

barclay should be easier...i applied for it last month around the same time i applied for discover...got approved for the barclay with 1300 cl...not much, but it's the best card i have ATM...it's tempting to apply for more, but i'm keeping my head straight and garden for a bit Smiley Happy gl with your barclay app!

dc

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.