Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It

Discover It reported after first closing date. I just got the card and it has been reported. I thought they wait for the second statement to report? Glad I paid my bill off.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It

Not sure of the exact answer since I'm still very new to Discover myself. But, my experience went like this:

3/8/16 - Opened

3/31/16 - Reported to all 3 CRA's unexpectedly with $591 balance (I assume after my first closing date)

4/26 - first statement issued (my closing date is the 25th)

So they reported before the first statement even cut for me. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kjm79 wrote:

Not sure of the exact answer since I'm still very new to Discover myself. But, my experience went like this:

3/8/16 - Opened

3/31/16 - Reported to all 3 CRA's unexpectedly with $591 balance (I assume after my first closing date)

4/26 - first statement issued (my closing date is the 25th)

So they reported before the first statement even cut for me. 

Ya I had to call them to find out as it was a bit tricky.. My first statement date is May 28th, but my first CLOSING date is May 2nd prior to first statement and saw this online.  With such a small CL they gave me I am glad I knew this so I dont use it until the 3rd of the month again.  Every closing date will be around the 2nd of each month in my case as statement dates are always the 28th for me.  With exception of the first one which is kinda of weird

Message 3 of 4
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

My Discover IT card reported about 2 weeks after getting the card......my first statement hadn't even cut yet.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.