Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover It

Question Bella, or Smc, on changing cards. You say you have 3 active designs , or 5 , so does that mean they send you the new card and in reality you would have 3 Disco cards you can use or do you activate the new color and thats the only one you can use to charge?. Thanks. See, still learningSmiley Happy
Message 21 of 62
northface28
Established Contributor

What black matte discover card?
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 22 of 62
Chris679
Established Contributor

Discover is unique in that each new card you get is numbered on the back and you can keep using all of them or deactivate them. For example my current card is.009 and I have deactivated all of the old ones. If they are expired I don't think they would work anyways.
Message 23 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC- yes in reality, you can keep using the cards! Each card has a different number (001,002,003) on the back. All of my old ones have been deactivated though, no need for 5 cards hanging out in my house. 

Message 24 of 62
joltdude
Senior Contributor

You can deactivate, reactivate, freeze, boil... Discovers kinda cool if you like having a different flavor card from time to time....

I have 2 cards.... only one is active right now but all i do is login and reactivate the other one... 

AJC.. youll be needing the mixtape soon enough ...or the gold =)

Can't decide on what card next.. miss some of their previous pre-emv cards ..

You can choose the card you want to carry as if it were a change of clothes..

-J

Message 25 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Question Bella, or Smc, on changing cards. You say you have 3 active designs , or 5 , so does that mean they send you the new card and in reality you would have 3 Disco cards you can use or do you activate the new color and thats the only one you can use to charge?. Thanks. See, still learningSmiley Happy

Whoops, signed out to watch the Walking Dead.Smiley Happy What everyone else just said. You can have 3 Disco cards active per user and interchange them. I have 001, hubby has 002, and I have 003 and 004. It's pretty cool that they have that feature. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@northface28 wrote:
What black matte discover card?

I've read on here that Disco is coming out with a black card. I don't know much about it myself and it's NOT listed in the design selections, but it would be cool. Smiley Happy

EDIT: I meant it's not listed in the card designs. Late & tired posting omission, sorry!

Message 27 of 62
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

It may be a "black" card but it's not really black.  It's also somewhat of an urban legend at this point as well since there's no real documentation on it.  There's an old program though if you hit 40K/yr in spending that upgrades you to another level.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Challenge-Discover-Premium-Plus/td-p/3844397

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-Upgrade/td-p/1582356

Message 28 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not heard about this upgrade...I put over $50k through my Disc in 2015 (mostly work related) but that shouldnt matter, right? 

In 2016 I shifted my spend a good bit, but still managed to put a little over 30k on my IT card...

Invitation only huh? 

Message 29 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

Is it automatic to get the 5 percent or yoi have to "sign up" for it?

If someone forgets to sign up for the 5 perxent category r they SOL?

You do have to activate the quarterly categories and, if you miss the beginning, I believe you can activate and use them from that point on.

Discover Deals are standing deals. If something is listed on Discover Deals, it is available. Smiley Happy

I could be wrong, but I think you even get the bonus CB retroactively on previous purchases even if you activate after the quarter starts (up to a certain date).

Either way, it seems odd to me that people find it to be a hassle dealing with rotating category cards. I could understand, maybe, for those that just don't ever deal with their CC's online, but I'd think most do (dealing with CC's "offline" and writing checks, now "that" seems like a hassle). It's very easy to click a button for someone that's going to be on the online portal anyway. Even if it's just once every month or two, you're going easily hit the really large window to activate.

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.