Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

Is it automatic to get the 5 percent or yoi have to "sign up" for it?

If someone forgets to sign up for the 5 perxent category r they SOL?

You do have to activate the quarterly categories and, if you miss the beginning, I believe you can activate and use them from that point on.

Discover Deals are standing deals. If something is listed on Discover Deals, it is available. Smiley Happy

I could be wrong, but I think you even get the bonus CB retroactively on previous purchases even if you activate after the quarter starts (up to a certain date).

Either way, it seems odd to me that people find it to be a hassle dealing with rotating category cards. I could understand, maybe, for those that just don't ever deal with their CC's online, but I'd think most do (dealing with CC's "offline" and writing checks, now "that" seems like a hassle). It's very easy to click a button for someone that's going to be on the online portal anyway. Even if it's just once every month or two, you're going easily hit the really large window to activate.

LOL My s/o still writes checks to pay his CCs. What annoys me is that he still chooses to get paper statements! He PREFERS it! It's just additional clutter that unecessarily kills trees! He also hand writes thank you cards to people. So I guess that's one good thing about him acting like he's from a completely different era. lol

My mom used to justify writing checks "to give the postal people jobs" (because of the layoffs a while back, I think?). But lately, she's made a couple online payments when she thinks the check might not make it on time-- which is a ridiculous hassle otherwise tech-able people who write checks needlessly put themselves through. 

Don't even get me started on people my age who still CHOOSE and PREFER to get a paper paycheck vs direct deposit. What the heck. Some even DO have direct deposit but still want to get a paper paystub instead of enrolling in paperless. What.

I never wrote checks for CC's (The next check on my main checking account is only 108), but I do still want paper statements. Gives me a paper trail in case something goes awry. Writing checks is illogical to me because of the cost of a stamp plus the security of not mailing your checking account number every month.

I would get a paper paystub too if they didn't charge $25 each!

I'm the same way, I get paper statements because I like having a physical copy of all my financial records. I obviously pay online though. 

Message 61 of 62
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover It

Maintaining paper records can grow into a headache over time. I spent a good part of an afternoon next to my shredder after cleaning out my over-bloated file cabinet of bank statements and other records that had stacked up since about 2005. I started downloading the PDF of my statements and pushing them to a secure cloud server. Much more organized and easier to deal with. Plus I have access from my phone if I need.

Message 62 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.