Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Lowered APR Easy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Lowered APR Easy

Hit the one year mark about a week ago, my card unsecured back in April. So tonight I figured I'd go on and ask if I could get an APR reduction, a much needed one considering I was at 23.99%.

I went to Chat and asked she checked for a minute or two and said I had 2 available offers.

1) 12 months 0% APR
2) Permanent APR reduction of 4.75%.

She then asked if I had any large purchases coming up and just wanted to see which might be the best option for me, she was very helpful.

I went with option 2, now I'm sitting at 19.24%!

Hoping to get it down with 13% in a year or so Smiley Happy

Just wanted to share in case anyone out there is considering it.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Lowered APR Easy

sounds good! you've inspired me to ask for an Apr reduction
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, OP! I had the exact same options when I called in about a month ago; I graduated in February. I'm guessing your card just turned 1 as well?

This is just one more reason I recommend Discover to anybody just starting out. They grow with you in every sense of the word. As much as I like Chase, I know the APR will forever be 23.99% on my FU.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
sounds good! you've inspired me to ask for an Apr reduction

Ok... Peggy Smiley LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HsLHfNNpJQ

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, I got a similar offer when I got both mine and my husbands APR reduced with our Discover cards a few months ago.. went from 23.49% to 18.99% on new purchases :-)

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my Discover It card, 23.99%   Smiley Sad   Have yet to use it, guess I'll use it a little then try to lower.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got my Discover It card, 23.99%   Smiley Sad   Have yet to use it, guess I'll use it a little then try to lower.

I'm surprised they did that with your scores... When I tried calling early they said to wait for the 1 year mark, but I've heard 6 months as well on here YMMV. Good luck with the CLI's too!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm I've always been told one year, then AFTER you get a reduction then you can ask again every 6 months if you chose the 3-4% reduction offer is what I've been told and read on here.
Message 8 of 9
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on lowering your APR!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.