cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Message - DENIAL?

tag
Timberlynn69

Discover Message - DENIAL?

A few hours ago I applied for a Discover More card and during the processing stage - it asked me to pick a user id and password - which I did- also asked me if I wanted to sign up for paperless statements -  then a few minutes later when I went to check the status of my application I got this message

Date Submitted: 9/15/2011

Your application is being processed. We have received your information but need to perform additional processing before we can provide you with a decision. You will hear from us within 30 days of your application being submitted.

Please check back in the future to get an update on the status of your application.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 678
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Message - DENIAL?

I got the same message. I called them back and they asked me a few questions and approved me. Good luck!

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both my daughter and I got the same message.

I called. They had  few questions and approved me for the highest limit card I now carry.

My daughter did not call and she was approved 3 days later. I have read some threads that received the message and they got a phone call from Discover 2 days later to verify information and were also approved.

If you want to expedite, you can call them. You can also check the application status Discovers website.

Everyone seems to be on a roll with Discover. Smiley Happy

Best of luck!!!!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCCs don't always give instant approval.  Try calling them or checking their status page again later.

Message 4 of 14
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

When I app'd for Discover last year I had the same message, a few days later I checked the status online and I was approved for 3000

Message 5 of 14
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Yes, my approval wasn't instant either.  They called me 2 days later to verify some information and tell me I was approved.  If they don't call you, go ahead and give them a call.

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 6 of 14
favre_2_free
New Contributor

I got the same message, called 3 hours later and was approved for $1000 Limit...but at least I finally got it!

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 7 of 14
Timberlynn69

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Quick question what number should I call?  the customer service number and check status of application?

Thanks in advance!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the SAME MESSAGE yesterday when I applied Called the 1800Discover transfered to a SR. analyst in Delaware VERY VERY nice just asked address info, income and then APPROVED!!!!!! CALL!

Message 9 of 14
Timberlynn69

Thanks MarkTXdc82 - I think I will do it this morning and see what happens!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.