Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Miles CLI Advice?

tag
Credit_Ranger
Valued Member

Discover Miles CLI Advice?

I have a Discover Miles card opened just under 6 mos ago with a $3,600 credit line.  The 6 mo anniversary of card activation will in fact be in 2 days.

I have several cards with credit lines over 10k and would certainly like to get a bump on this one.

I was told by a CSR that one needs to have had the account open at least 6 months before seeking a customer initiated CLI.

My questions:

1)Is it possible to get a CLI without a hard pull?

2)How much should I ask for?  I'l like a limit of 10k

3)Who do they pull if they do want to do a hard.

My TU and EQ are about 735, Experian less, about 700

11% utility overall.  Decent income.

Any tips anyone would like to share?

I pay the card off a few days before closing each month, though I rarely charged more than a few hundred dollars.

Thanks in advance for your input

...Ranger out

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Miles CLI Advice?

@Credit_Ranger wrote:

I have a Discover Miles card opened just under 6 mos ago with a $3,600 credit line.  The 6 mo anniversary of card activation will in fact be in 2 days.

I have several cards with credit lines over 10k and would certainly like to get a bump on this one.

I was told by a CSR that one needs to have had the account open at least 6 months before seeking a customer initiated CLI.

My questions:

1)Is it possible to get a CLI without a hard pull? Not likely

2)How much should I ask for?  I'l like a limit of 10k They used to limit customer initiated CLI requests to 2000, but that was a while back so now may be different.

3)Who do they pull if they do want to do a hard. Depends on your area. Who did they pull when you opened the card?

My TU and EQ are about 735, Experian less, about 700

11% utility overall.  Decent income.

Any tips anyone would like to share?

I pay the card off a few days before closing each month, though I rarely charged more than a few hundred dollars.

Thanks in advance for your input

...Ranger out

Message 2 of 3
Credit_Ranger
Valued Member

Re: Discover Miles CLI Advice?

Looks like they pulled EQ when they opened the account.  I am in California.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.