Frequent Contributor
minimock

Discover Miles Instant Approval

I wasnt going to do it, but I got hacked off over the whole signature flexible spending thing.

I hit the love button on Barclays US air and got a $1500 CLI, I was thinking, cool, especially seeing as I have added 2 accounts in the last 7 months, (The forementioned signature cards)

I have 0 balances on every card I have, and I use them all every month.

Today I got a letter in the mail from Barclay's saying that my initial CLI request was reduced to $1500 due to not having high enough credit limits with them or others.

Between the two signature cards, I have 20K CL, but I have only been able to put a couple of thoudsand on each of them, thus my 20K dosent show.

I swore I was done apping, and just going to garden, but I wanted a card that would SHOW a CL so I hit the Discover site for the preaproved offers.

To my surprise I had one, never have before and was declined with them last year.

I did the type of shame and blam instant approval 10K.

Maybe it was the wrong thing to do, but I feel better LOL, at least I have some CL showing now :smileyhappy: 

I am NOW going gardening, for sure for sure LOL.........Really this time. :smileyhappy:

Scores: EQ (FICO) - 730 | EX (FICO) - 722 | TU (FICO) - 713 - 06/25/2014

US Airways MC (5 K) | US Airways World MC (10 K) | Chase United Airlines Sig VISA (5K) | BOA Rewards Sig Visa (10K) Citi Dividend Plat MC (5.6K) | Discover Miles (6.6K) | AMEX BCE (7 K) | AMEX Plat Delta (11 K) | BOA PLAT (7.5K)

Regular Contributor
Credit_repair

Re: Discover Miles Instant Approval

Congratulations :smileyhappy: I like Discover. It's my happy birthday month so I am getting 2% rewards on anything I am getting. It is my main card for the month!

Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

CONGRATS, minimock!

I'm still LOLing at the "type of shame".  :smileyvery-happy:

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Valued Contributor
tntexans72

I like this card, it's on my radar in 2 yrs. Congrats !!

New Contributor
josh68684

My birthday in August. I cant wait. Do they send you a letter about the bonus or do I have to sign up in the website?

■■■Experian - ■■■ Equifax - ■■■ TransUnion -■■■Goal: Score of 720 Across All three
Blackhawks Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
minimock

[ Edited ]

FYI it was an Equifax hit. Which is cool, everyone ALWAYS hits Experian (DBA Beelzebub inc), LOL I hate Experian, they hide from you, and when you do finally get a real FICO score from a lender, its always the lowest with the exact same data as the others have.

Also, targeting a CR is near imposible. Last time they hit Transunion.

When I got Barclays USAIR they hit Transunion. When I got the CLI, they hit Transunion and Beelzebub.

There is no way you can target a CR with any accuracy. IMO

Scores: EQ (FICO) - 730 | EX (FICO) - 722 | TU (FICO) - 713 - 06/25/2014

US Airways MC (5 K) | US Airways World MC (10 K) | Chase United Airlines Sig VISA (5K) | BOA Rewards Sig Visa (10K) Citi Dividend Plat MC (5.6K) | Discover Miles (6.6K) | AMEX BCE (7 K) | AMEX Plat Delta (11 K) | BOA PLAT (7.5K)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}