Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Miles Instant Approval

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Discover Miles Instant Approval

I wasnt going to do it, but I got hacked off over the whole signature flexible spending thing.

I hit the love button on Barclays US air and got a $1500 CLI, I was thinking, cool, especially seeing as I have added 2 accounts in the last 7 months, (The forementioned signature cards)

I have 0 balances on every card I have, and I use them all every month.

Today I got a letter in the mail from Barclay's saying that my initial CLI request was reduced to $1500 due to not having high enough credit limits with them or others.

Between the two signature cards, I have 20K CL, but I have only been able to put a couple of thoudsand on each of them, thus my 20K dosent show.

I swore I was done apping, and just going to garden, but I wanted a card that would SHOW a CL so I hit the Discover site for the preaproved offers.

To my surprise I had one, never have before and was declined with them last year.

I did the type of shame and blam instant approval 10K.

Maybe it was the wrong thing to do, but I feel better LOL, at least I have some CL showing now Smiley Happy 

I am NOW going gardening, for sure for sure LOL.........Really this time. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Miles Instant Approval

Congratulations Smiley Happy I like Discover. It's my happy birthday month so I am getting 2% rewards on anything I am getting. It is my main card for the month!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS, minimock!

I'm still LOLing at the "type of shame".  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 6
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I like this card, it's on my radar in 2 yrs. Congrats !!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My birthday in August. I cant wait. Do they send you a letter about the bonus or do I have to sign up in the website?

Message 5 of 6
minimock
Frequent Contributor

FYI it was an Equifax hit. Which is cool, everyone ALWAYS hits Experian (DBA Beelzebub inc), LOL I hate Experian, they hide from you, and when you do finally get a real FICO score from a lender, its always the lowest with the exact same data as the others have.

Also, targeting a CR is near imposible. Last time they hit Transunion.

When I got Barclays USAIR they hit Transunion. When I got the CLI, they hit Transunion and Beelzebub.

There is no way you can target a CR with any accuracy. IMO

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.