Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Miles approved (?)

tag
jla84
Regular Contributor

Discover Miles approved (?)

I applied for a Discover Miles card on the 4th. After it gave me the "wait 7-10 days for a decision" message, the webpage automatically loaded onto a page that gave me an error. I never got to a page that allowed me to set up an account, so I figured that I had been declined. 2 days later I called Discover and asked for an update, but the CSR couldn't find any record of my application (we used my phone number, my work number, and my social security number, and nothing came up). But this morning I got an email saying I had been approved and that my card was on its way! Weird! I'm setting up my online account right now, so I assume it has actually been approved and this isn't some weird error. 

It looks like they pulled only Equifax, which is 774 (although it was just knocked down to 767, probably because of the inquiries). I don't know what my CL is, but while setting up my online account I found this under Account preferences - Email and Text reminders: "Balance Exceeds <$2700>". Is that a good indication that my CL is $2700?

Also, I have a savings account with Discover, but I had to set up a different login for my credit card account. If anyone has a savings account and a credit card, will they show up together under 1 account or will I have to log in separately to check both? 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Miles approved (?)

@jla84 wrote:

I applied for a Discover Miles card on the 4th. After it gave me the "wait 7-10 days for a decision" message, the webpage automatically loaded onto a page that gave me an error. I never got to a page that allowed me to set up an account, so I figured that I had been declined. 2 days later I called Discover and asked for an update, but the CSR couldn't find any record of my application (we used my phone number, my work number, and my social security number, and nothing came up). But this morning I got an email saying I had been approved and that my card was on its way! Weird! I'm setting up my online account right now, so I assume it has actually been approved and this isn't some weird error. 

It looks like they pulled only Equifax, which is 774 (although it was just knocked down to 767, probably because of the inquiries). I don't know what my CL is, but while setting up my online account I found this under Account preferences - Email and Text reminders: "Balance Exceeds <$2700>". Is that a good indication that my CL is $2700?

Also, I have a savings account with Discover, but I had to set up a different login for my credit card account. If anyone has a savings account and a credit card, will they show up together under 1 account or will I have to log in separately to check both? 

I do not know the answers to any of your other questions but, I have noticed in the past with some of the default Email alerts on my CC's, they were usually set lower than the CC's CL, so you may have a higher CL.

This is just my experience, I have no idea if this pertains to your CL, let us know when you find out Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
jla84
Regular Contributor

Oh yeah I guess it makes more sense that the CL would be higher than the balance exceeds alert. Awesome! I'll probably break down before my card gets here and call to ask what the CL is. Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jla84 wrote:

Oh yeah I guess it makes more sense that the CL would be higher than the balance exceeds alert. Awesome! I'll probably break down before my card gets here and call to ask what the CL is. Smiley Happy 

It can not hurt one bit to call and ask, personally, that's the first thing I would have done, because I'm the impatient type LOL.

Please do let us know when you find out and BTW, Congratulations!!!

Message 4 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

My Discover savings account and credit card are two separate log-ins.  I never tried to see if I could make it one as they're two separate sites as well.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 5 of 10
jla84
Regular Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

My Discover savings account and credit card are two separate log-ins.  I never tried to see if I could make it one as they're two separate sites as well.

I know that Chase combines their checking/savings and credit card information within one login, so I wasn't sure if I did something wrong by creating a 2nd Discover account. But it looks like I did it right. Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jla84 wrote:

I do not know the answers to any of your other questions but, I have noticed in the past with some of the default Email alerts on my CC's, they were usually set lower than the CC's CL, so you may have a higher CL.

This is just my experience, I have no idea if this pertains to your CL, let us know when you find out Smiley Happy

Just to give you an example. When I was setting up my account after my approval. the drop down menu for me had a max amount of $5900 and my CL is $6500. So maybe they do a $600 threshold on alerts?

Message 7 of 10
jla84
Regular Contributor

Update: My Discover card online account became available and I was finally able to see my CL. $3000! Nice increase from my Cap 1 $500 CL!!!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That certainly is a nice CL compared to Cap1. CONGRATS!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very Nice!!!!

Congratulations Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.