Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Min Payment Due Date

tag
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

Discover Min Payment Due Date

I did not have a statement balance on my Discover card, so my minimum payment due is $0. Last week, I had to book some last minute travel for business, so I used my Discover card. However, I do not want it to report to my CR, so I paid the full balance as soon as it posted.

The closing date is February 8th. The minimum payment due date is February 4. My payment posted on February 5. So my question is, will this charge appear on my credit report, or will my balance remain reflected as $0, since I paid before the closing date?

----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Min Payment Due Date

@avv7c0 wrote:

I did not have a statement balance on my Discover card, so my minimum payment due is $0. Last week, I had to book some last minute travel for business, so I used my Discover card. However, I do not want it to report to my CR, so I paid the full balance as soon as it posted.

The closing date is February 8th. The minimum payment due date is February 4. My payment posted on February 5. So my question is, will this charge appear on my credit report, or will my balance remain reflected as $0, since I paid before the closing date?

No.  You paid the balance before the statement generated.   Therefore, there won't be a balance to report since its paid down to $0. 

Message 2 of 4
vish1
Valued Contributor

+1

You essentially paid what would have showed as balance on ur feb statement with due date arnd 4th march. Unless Discover posts the balance from the period where the transaction has posted but your payment had not (which will be extremely rare and unlucky), you should be good.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 4
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

Just as a follow-up, the information provided was accurate. Statement posted today with a $0 balance, even with payment after payment due date.

The reason I asked originally was because one time, this was NOT the case on my AMEX card, and even though I paid before the closing date, it didn't post to my account before the statement, since I paid after the payment due date (5 days earlier). I've only had that happen one time, but in this case due to the mortgage application process, it was very important that this card report a $0 balance.

Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.