Regular Contributor
avv7c0

Discover Min Payment Due Date

I did not have a statement balance on my Discover card, so my minimum payment due is $0. Last week, I had to book some last minute travel for business, so I used my Discover card. However, I do not want it to report to my CR, so I paid the full balance as soon as it posted.

The closing date is February 8th. The minimum payment due date is February 4. My payment posted on February 5. So my question is, will this charge appear on my credit report, or will my balance remain reflected as $0, since I paid before the closing date?

----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Super Contributor
DI

Re: Discover Min Payment Due Date

avv7c0 wrote:

I did not have a statement balance on my Discover card, so my minimum payment due is $0. Last week, I had to book some last minute travel for business, so I used my Discover card. However, I do not want it to report to my CR, so I paid the full balance as soon as it posted.

The closing date is February 8th. The minimum payment due date is February 4. My payment posted on February 5. So my question is, will this charge appear on my credit report, or will my balance remain reflected as $0, since I paid before the closing date?

No.  You paid the balance before the statement generated.   Therefore, there won't be a balance to report since its paid down to $0. 

Valued Contributor
vish1

+1

You essentially paid what would have showed as balance on ur feb statement with due date arnd 4th march. Unless Discover posts the balance from the period where the transaction has posted but your payment had not (which will be extremely rare and unlucky), you should be good.

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Regular Contributor
avv7c0

Just as a follow-up, the information provided was accurate. Statement posted today with a $0 balance, even with payment after payment due date.

The reason I asked originally was because one time, this was NOT the case on my AMEX card, and even though I paid before the closing date, it didn't post to my account before the statement, since I paid after the payment due date (5 days earlier). I've only had that happen one time, but in this case due to the mortgage application process, it was very important that this card report a $0 balance.

Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+