Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More APPROVED!

tag
awall41
Established Member

Discover More APPROVED!

Good news just got approved for a Discover More!  Not the terms I wanted (0% for 6 months instead of 15 months) but the CSR said they DO NOT make the the intrest retroactive.  I had a $700 balance on my Cap1 card due to a vet bill for my dog and paying their horrible 22.99% was taking me forever to pay off.  I should be able to pay this off within 2 months and have 0% UTL.  They only gave me $1000 CL and would not match my highest CL of $1700.  I spoke with what the front line CSR called a, "Senior Credit Analyst".  Do you think it is worth trying to recon to match my highest CL?

Now off to the garden for me with a new Auto Loan, AMEX Zync, and Discover More.  My goal is to app for a AMEX PRG, BSP, and CSP in January.  Once my Cap1 AF hits I am closing them unless to PC me to a Venture or waive the AF and raise my limit.

Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover More APPROVED!

@awall41 wrote:

Good news just got approved for a Discover More!  Not the terms I wanted (0% for 6 months instead of 15 months) but the CSR said they DO NOT make the the intrest retroactive.  I had a $700 balance on my Cap1 card due to a vet bill for my dog and paying their horrible 22.99% was taking me forever to pay off.  I should be able to pay this off within 2 months and have 0% UTL.  They only gave me $1000 CL and would not match my highest CL of $1700.  I spoke with what the front line CSR called a, "Senior Credit Analyst".  Do you think it is worth trying to recon to match my highest CL?

Now off to the garden for me with a new Auto Loan, AMEX Zync, and Discover More.  My goal is to app for a AMEX PRG, BSP, and CSP in January.  Once my Cap1 AF hits I am closing them unless to PC me to a Venture or waive the AF and raise my limit.

Thanks everyone!

This is the offer I got after recon, 3.9% for 6 months then 22.9. I'm gonna go back to the negotiation table on the 6th statement!!!

"May I present Exhibit A......................Chase Freedom card."

"This shall be your replacement if negotiations fail!!!"

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 10
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@awall41 wrote:

Thanks everyone!

This is the offer I got after recon, 3.9% for 6 months then 22.9. I'm gonna go back to the negotiation table on the 6th statement!!!

Smiley Very Happy

They are pretty good about lowering your APR every 6 months. When you call them after 6m, they'll probably give you a choice. They offered me 0% for 12mo or a permanent reduction of 3%, so 22.9% -> 19.9%. YMMV

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
logan_720
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@awall41 wrote:

Thanks everyone!

Smiley Very Happy

I got those same terms as well! I'm sure with good behavior they will lower it Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

Which Bureau did they pull?

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Message 5 of 10
greeneman21
Contributor

Congrats! At least you have your foot in the door. I got approved back in March 677 EQ score, my highest limit was 1.7k at capital one and they approved me for 6.5k @ 20.99, needless to say I was floored and shocked. Oh I'm in Tx and they also pulled TU which was in the 670's.

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 6 of 10
awall41
Established Member

I'm in CA and the pulled EQ and TU.  Not sure why they did both but at least it's an approval!

Message 7 of 10
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

Thanks and CONGRATS!

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@awall41 wrote:

I'm in CA and the pulled EQ and TU.  Not sure why they did both but at least it's an approval!

same for me in Minnesota. Was a bummer

Message 9 of 10
awall41
Established Member

Now that I am on a little bit of a roll with approvals this month 2 out of 3 with the denial being Chase for high UTL %18.  I reconned with no luck.  Does anyone thing I should app for one more card to make 4 apps and let all the inq's age together?  I was thinking either Amazon store or one of the new chip cards from BOA.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.