Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More Approval after Counter Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover More Approval after Counter Offer

So I apped for Discover More with 0% APR for 6 months.  Got a counter offer for the Discover More but new terms to the agreement.  3.99% APR for the first 6 months then 22.65% APR.  Called and it was approved for 1k.  I guess it's not bad, but high APR.  Couple questions:

1.  Anyone else here of this counter offer thing?

2.  How long before I can ask for a CLI?

3.  Am I still eligible for the $150 back after I spend $1000 in the first 3 months?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover More Approval after Counter Offer

I got a higher interest rate than the one I applied for but it wasn't a formal counter offer. The letter just gave me my score and had the interest rate on it.

Unless it told you specifically that you have the cashback offer or it is mentioned in your welcome kit, you don't have that. That was my experience. I got one in May and I called and asked if I had it and they said no.

But they were kind enough to let me know I had 5% cashback available on certain categories that I had clicked on the website to sign up for. Smiley Frustrated

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 2 of 3
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More Approval after Counter Offer

@Anonymous wrote:

So I apped for Discover More with 0% APR for 6 months.  Got a counter offer for the Discover More but new terms to the agreement.  3.99% APR for the first 6 months then 22.65% APR.  Called and it was approved for 1k.  I guess it's not bad, but high APR.  Couple questions:

1.  Anyone else here of this counter offer thing?

2.  How long before I can ask for a CLI?

3.  Am I still eligible for the $150 back after I spend $1000 in the first 3 months?

Counter offer is a definite possibility with Discover, you probably didn't meet their criteria for the offer you applied for, but qualified for what they countered with. CLI with Discover will probably be available after 6 months. As for the offer, call and ask, they are some of the friendliest CSRs around! Have you spoken to them already? They usually ask if the CL offered is enough for you, this is your chance to ask for more.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.