Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More Approval

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover More Approval

@ArisGreek wrote:

Does anyone have higher than a $5,000 limit on their Discover More? I'm wondering what the max CL you can get is....

Mine is $13,300. I've had it since 2003 I believe.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 21 of 30
lovely222
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@ArisGreek wrote:

Does anyone have higher than a $5,000 limit on their Discover More? I'm wondering what the max CL you can get is....

Mine is $13,300. I've had it since 2003 I believe.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Were those auto CLIs? If so, how often? Otherwise, can you request them online with only a soft pull. If so, how often? Thanks!

Anyone in the tri-state area have a Discover card? I'm not sure where it is accepted bc I've never had one before, so I never paid attention. Thanks!

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 22 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@lovely222 wrote:

Were those auto CLIs? If so, how often? Otherwise, can you request them online with only a soft pull. If so, how often? Thanks!

Anyone in the tri-state area have a Discover card? I'm not sure where it is accepted bc I've never had one before, so I never paid attention. Thanks!

I don't recall what the original CL was but they've all been auto CLI's over ythe years. It has averaged about $1,000 every year until this year. I usually have gotten one by now so it looks like I'm out of luck for 2010.

It could be because I haven't paid them any interest this year although I have put close to $30,000 through the card. Maybe I hurt their feelings?  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

Message 23 of 30
lovely222
Regular Contributor

You are just awesome! If I was a CCC and not getting any interest on 30k, my feelings would be hurt too! Way to show them!Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I have to confess that I lied. After I posted about not paying any interest I went back and checked all my statements for 2010.

I paid $7.69 on my January, 2010 statement but nothing since.

I apologize for my inadvertent mistake.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 25 of 30
lovely222
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I have to confess that I lied. After I posted about not paying any interest I went back and checked all my statements for 2010.

I paid $7.69 on my January, 2010 statement but nothing since.

I apologize for my inadvertent mistake.

From a BK years ago to:

OMG! SHUSH!!! Hahahahaha!

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP!

It's unfortunate that you must spend $3k before you start earning rewards on this card. Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 30
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats OP!

It's unfortunate that you must spend $3k before you start earning rewards on this card. Smiley Sad

That's not true. You earn 0.25% in cashback until you hit $3000 in general purchases ( the 5% category purchases don't count towards that figure, I believe). That's $7,50 in cashback. Albeit not much, it is a little.
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wollepopolle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats OP!

That's not true. You earn 0.25% in cashback until you hit $3000 in general purchases ( the 5% category purchases don't count towards that figure, I believe). That's $7,50 in cashback. Albeit not much, it is a little.

Is it $3000 every year or once you hit you get 5% indefinitely?

Message 29 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it $3000 every year or once you hit you get 5% indefinitely?

It resets every year on your anniversary date. Mine happens to be in October.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.