Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More CLI's

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Discover More CLI's

My 6th statement will cut soon for my Discover More....any thoughts on whether or not I can even hope for an auto CLI?  New to Discover and not sure how they are with CLI's.  I've used the card each month...very often, always have paid it OFF or a huge bulk of it.  No baddies, utl is pretty good on other accounts. 

If I do not get an auto, I will just wait because I can't afford any new inquiries until Feb. 2013.

Slowly building....
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Discover More CLI's

Discover is soft pull CLI using the automayed system.  Just call the number on the back of your card and follow the automated system.  You will most likely get a $500 CLI for your first one.  Then try again in 1 year.  You dont have to wait for your 6th statment to cut.  Try it after your account has been OPEN 6 months. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 30
CreditGrasshoppa
Established Member

I just received an auto cli on my 6th statement, from $1,000 to $1,350.  Not huge but I'll take it!

Message 3 of 30
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Discover is soft pull CLI using the automayed system.  Just call the number on the back of your card and follow the automated system.  You will most likely get a $500 CLI for your first one.  Then try again in 1 year.  You dont have to wait for your 6th statment to cut.  Try it after your account has been OPEN 6 months. 

Thanks for that information! My account will have been opened 6 months on the 26th.  So If I do not get an auto, I'll call in like you said.

Slowly building....
Message 4 of 30
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@CreditGrasshoppa wrote:

I just received an auto cli on my 6th statement, from $1,000 to $1,350.  Not huge but I'll take it!

That's great Congrats!!! It's good to make progress!  I'm hoping that will show me love too!Smiley Happy

Slowly building....
Message 5 of 30
stone
Regular Contributor

why the last time I call them to get cli is a hrad pull....

Message 6 of 30
flowfaster
Established Contributor

And don't worry about submitting the CLI request too soon.  I requested mine at what I thought was 6 months and got declined.  The letter said "not enough time with current CL"  so I tried again in a few days later and got it.  Then, at the one year mark I requested another CLI and this was approved, went from 2-6K and I never even talked to a human.  All soft pulls, I have usaa CCMP.  So have at it.   I used the "date Opened" date on my Transunion report to determine when my 6 months-1 year was  up.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 7 of 30
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@stone wrote:

Was it your first cli?

Slowly building....
Message 8 of 30
Covet
Established Member

My Discover More card just hit 6 months old this month.  They did an auto CLI from 7500 to 9500.  Er sorry, last month.

Message 9 of 30
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@stone wrote:

Discover only hard pulls if you talk to a CSR if the automated system declines you.   Not sure why they did not tell you they needed a hard pull.  Discover is usually very good about letting you know if its hard or soft.  AFAIK the automated system is always a soft pull!

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.