Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More CLI's

tag
Covet
Established Member

Re: Discover More CLI's

Just for fun, I just called Discover and asked for another $500 (to make it an even 10k) and they did it. 

Message 11 of 30
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Congrats. It is good to know that the auto cli don't upset the cli cycle.

@Covet wrote:

Just for fun, I just called Discover and asked for another $500 (to make it an even 10k) and they did it. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 12 of 30
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Originally Approved at $1000.

After 6 statements the automated option was not available on my account. Spoke to a CSR and without me asking she was very explicit about the difference between a soft and hard pull and explained she would put the request in and it would only be a soft pull. I would get approved, declined, or the system would tell her a hard was required to continue and she would ask for my permission before doing that.

She said they would counter offer, so I asked for a $3,000 total line. Declined with just the soft, no request for hard.

A few weeks later I got a call from Discover that they were following up on recent requests that were denied and trying to see what they could do. She verified my information, ensured me it was only a soft pull (again without me prompting) and said the system would tell her I could get none or up to $3,000.

Approved for the $3,000 I originally requested. No hard pull.

Message 13 of 30
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@Covet wrote:

Wow! Congrats!!Smiley Very Happy

Slowly building....
Message 14 of 30
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@bostonte wrote:

After 6 statements the automated option was not available on my account. Spoke to a CSR and without me asking she was very explicit about the difference between a soft and hard pull and explained she would put the request in and it would only be a soft pull. I would get approved, declined, or the system would tell her a hard was required to continue and she would ask for my permission before doing that.

She said they would counter offer, so I asked for a $3,000 total line. Declined with just the soft, no request for hard.

A few weeks later I got a call from Discover that they were following up on recent requests that were denied and trying to see what they could do. She verified my information, ensured me it was only a soft pull (again without me prompting) and said the system would tell her I could get none or up to $3,000.

That's great! Congrats on the CLI!!!Smiley Happy  And thanks for sharing your experience! Very helpful information from all of you! 

Question....for you, and anyone else who received a CLI from Discover.  Did you have a balance at the time of the CLI? Or was your account at zero? 

Slowly building....
Message 15 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bostonte wrote:

Very awesome CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 30
spengbab
Regular Contributor

At my 3 month mark Discover bumped my limit from $2000 to $2500. I was paying them like $450 a month lol. So they must have figured I could handle a little higher limit Smiley Tongue

Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 17 of 30
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@spengbab wrote:

At my 3 month mark Discover bumped my limit from $2000 to $2500. I was paying them like $450 a month lol. So they must have figured I could handle a little higher limit Smiley Tongue

I've been paying them chunks like that as well so hopefully that will count for me too! Smiley Happy  I love this card and use it often.

Slowly building....
Message 18 of 30
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

I received a $750 auto cli from discover a few months ago. The funny thing is that the increased credit line became available the next day after I apped for the Chase Freedom. Coincidence? I think not. Obviously ymmv, but it seems discover is watching.Man Surprised

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 19 of 30
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Discover hates me and I hate them, so no hard feeling at all. Acc has been opened since March 2011, no lates, no over the limit, always trying to PIF, topping the card and paying it down, nothing has worked. I´m stuck at 1k initial CL. Everytime I try to get a CLI, the system wants a HP. Wonder if the student status has something to do with this.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.