Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover More CLI

Just passed 6mo anniversary. Another thread on this board gave me courage to call - had $4,000 limit, requested additional $2,000 and got it immediately through the automated menu. (I don't think there was time for them even to soft pull, so I'm guessing based only on history, but not sure.)

I use this card often, and run around $2,000/month through it.

I'm still amazed that I even have this card, I responded to a pre-approved offer with scores in mid 600's and was approved instantly. (no recent baddies, but TONS of old ones...)

Now a 50% CLI at 6 months.

I'm liking Discover.

capman

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
billsfan14
New Contributor

Re: Discover More CLI

Good news and very encouraging.  I'm at 6 months in May and am hoping they really bump up this toy limit of $500!
Message 2 of 35
score_building
Senior Contributor

@billsfan14 wrote:
Good news and very encouraging.  I'm at 6 months in May and am hoping they really bump up this toy limit of $500!

is yours a student card?  i haven't heard of a regular card approved with 500.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!!  i just requested mine on friday through automated menu. i asked for 2k and got it immediately.

@Anonymous wrote:

Just passed 6mo anniversary. Another thread on this board gave me courage to call - had $4,000 limit, requested additional $2,000 and got it immediately through the automated menu. (I don't think there was time for them even to soft pull, so I'm guessing based only on history, but not sure.)

I use this card often, and run around $2,000/month through it.

I'm still amazed that I even have this card, I responded to a pre-approved offer with scores in mid 600's and was approved instantly. (no recent baddies, but TONS of old ones...)

Now a 50% CLI at 6 months.

I'm liking Discover.

capman

Message 4 of 35
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Grats!

I had a $3600 limit, and about 6 months ago got it increased to $6K. I'm wishing I had asked for more, because now when I call and poke at the CLI phone option it wants to transfer me to a CSR.
Message 5 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Does Discover not pull EX? Your frozen report my be causing the transfer to CSR because they want to soft you, but I thought previous banks before frozen report could still get it... so I don't know, maybe I'm just talking nonsense!
Message 6 of 35
billsfan14
New Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@billsfan14 wrote:

is yours a student card?  i haven't heard of a regular card approved with 500.

It started out as a student card but I believe it's changed now because I have the option to BT.   Is there a max limit on credit lines for student cards?  I should call and see if it's still student or what.

Message 7 of 35
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
Does Discover not pull EX? Your frozen report my be causing the transfer to CSR because they want to soft you, but I thought previous banks before frozen report could still get it... so I don't know, maybe I'm just talking nonsense!
They can still get an AR. I don't think they do a pull for the phone CLI unless you get to a rep and ask for it. I can't pull EX myself right now, so I can't see what kind of softs are going on there.
Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the discover more for 10 months now. I still dont have the phone option Smiley Sad    What gives??
Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had the discover more for 10 months now. I still dont have the phone option Smiley Sad    What gives??

do you have a high balance on it? that maybe the reason..
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.