Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More CLI...

tag
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover More CLI...

so I called a CSR to get a bump from $1,500 to $5,000. Declined. This one's going to the sock drawer for good.

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 40
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

What were the reasons for denying CLI?
Message 22 of 40
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Nice

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 23 of 40
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

The CSR said I would get the decline reasons in the mail; I didn't press further.

Disappointing. My credit is fair to good.

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Message 24 of 40
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Any bad marks? If those are present, Discover is usually a tough nut to crack.
Message 25 of 40
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@hateAshbury wrote:

so I called a CSR to get a bump from $1,500 to $5,000. Declined. This one's going to the sock drawer for good.

Don't feel bad! I tried to get a bump from $2k to $5k and was declined. I am really considering closing this account. They just never show me any love... It won't hurt anything for me to close it.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 26 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a Discover More. Looking forward to seeing what DC is all about. Thanks for the info!

Message 27 of 40
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Discover More 5% categories are great. Look for additional promo bonuses, such as bill pay earning 2% for 2012. ShopDiscover has some good cashback deals as well. Discover is known to be conservative, so it is probably not for everybody, but you'll benefit from using the card right. It pays to Discover 😉. Good Luck!
Message 28 of 40
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

For months and months I've been clicking on the "Request a Credit Limit Increase" link out of curiosity but always got the error message "We can't process........blah, blah, blah."

Just now I finally got a different page to pop up and was asked a few questions. I requested a CLI of $1,700 just to round out my current CL to an even $15,000. I was approved and perhaps could have gotten more but they said they would have to pull a report so I left it at the $1,700.

I've had the Discover 9 years and until about 3 years ago I'd always gotten an auto CLI every year of between $1,000 and $1,500. But for some reason the auto CLI's stopped. This is the first time I've ever asked for a CLI on my own.

Edited for a typo.

Message 29 of 40
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

For months and months I've been clicking on the "Request a Credit Limit Increase" link out of curiosity but always got the error message "We can't process........blah, blah, blah."

Just now I finally got a different page to pop up and was asked a few questions. I requested a CLI of $1,700 just to round out my current CL to an even $15,000. I was approved and perhaps could have gotten more but they said they would have to pull a report so I left it at the $1,700.

I've had the Discover 9 years and until about 3 years ago I'd always gotten an auto CLI every year of between $1,000 and $1,500. But for some reason the auto CLI's stopped. This is the first time I've ever asked for a CLI on my own.

Edited for a typo.

MVV, when you were getting auto-CLIs, were you carrying a clean report (no bads), and were you carrying balances from month to month? I have been PIF, but have gotten no auto-CLIs. I know it all comes down to YMMV, but I'd like to gather info and test scenarios out.
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.