Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More CLI...

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover More CLI...

@-Cain- wrote:

MVV, when you were getting auto-CLIs, were you carrying a clean report (no bads), and were you carrying balances from month to month? I have been PIF, but have gotten no auto-CLIs. I know it all comes down to YMMV, but I'd like to gather info and test scenarios out.

Yes my reports were clean and I used my card much less than I do right now. Before I knew (or cared about  Smiley Happy  ) how carrying balances is to be avoided if at all possible because it costs you money in interest I would use my Discover but nothing major at all. So yes I did give them cash back because I didn't know any better.

In 2010 I put $30,000 through my card and last year it was right at $38,000 and if I recall correctly the last time I paid a few dollars in interest was in January, 2010. So perhaps  Discover was disappointed that I learned my lesson about balances and punished me with no more auto CLI's.

But I have no way of really knowing the reason the auto CLI's stopped. The more I read about CCC's the more confused I get.

Message 31 of 40
john398
Senior Contributor

Has anyone gotten a CLI when hitting the luv button before 6 months?

Message 32 of 40
CS800
Super Contributor

I passed the 7th statement and had to call for a CLI since there was no auto CLI, so I took the plunge and called for one. It was one HP on EQ. CL went from $6500 to $13500.

The CSR was upfront about a HP. My love button was never there, thats why i called to request.

Message 33 of 40
john398
Senior Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I passed the 7th statement and had to call for a CLI since there was no auto CLI, so I took the plunge and called for one. It was one HP on EQ. CL went from $6500 to $13500.

The CSR was upfront about a HP. My love button was never there, thats why i called to request.

I see the love button under Help Center, it says request a CLI, and request a CLD

Message 34 of 40
CS800
Super Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I see the love button under Help Center, it says request a CLI, and request a CLD

But then when you click on it, I get a message to call a number.

Message 35 of 40
john398
Senior Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

But then when you click on it, I get a message to call a number.

Oh ok, I did not click on it

Message 36 of 40
CS800
Super Contributor

Discover has not been very auto CLI friendly lately.

Message 37 of 40
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

My last Discover Auto-CLI was 3 months ago, but it was only from $5,200 to $6,300.

I have never gone more than a year between Auto-CLIs with them.  And I've never requested a CLI.  Started at $2,500 in 2008.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover has been good with auto CLI's for me. Once my discover card hit 4 months of age they increased my CL from 5,500 to 7,200. I figure it is because they softed me and saw I was using my United Explorer card with a 6,200 CL as my main card and they wanted to beat it.

So if you want a CLI with Discover, just cheat on them with another card and make them compete for your love. Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 40
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I've noticed that behavior, too.  I have always used my Discover as my primary card.  However, every time I get a higher limit, they like to match it when they review my account.  

I'm hoping they'll try to exceed my $11,300 AMEX next time they review.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.