Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More: CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover More: CLI

I was just approved for a Discover More card. The initial CL is a mere $1,000. Having no previous experience with Discover, will I be looking at generous CLI's PIF'ing every month? I like the rewards system and customer service. Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More: CLI

The word is, Discover isn't very generous at all. Small increases, but you can run a balance no problem.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I had to call Discover to verify some information with them, after I applied for the More card, when he told me I was approved I immediately asked for a cli. He said they don't work that way, but feel free to call after the card is 6 months old.

And congrats HuntingGuy on the CC! A GREAT card to have. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. I will just use it, pay it, and hope for a CLI after 6 months.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for a CLI with Discover about 5 months after I got it and was declined, but that was when they were my only card, I had not had it long, and I did not know anything about the game.

Since then, I have never asked for a CLI because they have been generously increasing it on their own. In the past year I have had an increase of $4,100, but it is time for me to call about a lower interest rate. I got approved about 6 months ago, but they did not do it over the phone. They sent me a form that I filled out and I got a response in exactly a month. I felt it was a hassle to do that, and it took away from me negotiating with the representative on the phone. I am trying again in about two weeks, so I will let everyone know what they do this time.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.