Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More Card APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More Card APPROVED

When I app'ed last March I received the 10.9% rate with an intro 0% purchase rate for 6 months.

DW app'ed a few months later, around June or July, and she got 18.99%

Daughter app'ed this month and got 18.99%.  The terms disclosure when she app'ed said would range from 10.9 to 22.9.

I see that Discover is POUNDING for new cardmembers with telemarkting and mailers and approving what appears to be more applications but with higher average rates.

txjohn

Message 11 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asteroidblues:

May I ask what is your current APR on your Discover card now?

One of my friend who had been a Discover card member for 12 years and his APR is around 17%..He always pay the balance in full and so he doesnt mind, he said..

When I get the card in the mail this week, I have one hurdle to do. NEGOTIATE for lower APR or CANCEL. I will update it when the card arrive...

Message 12 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

TxJohn:

I think so too. I have a solid credit history and high credit score 700+ and i got 19.99% APR..I dont deserve this at all. This is the highest APR on any credit card I ever applied. Eventhough I dont plan to carry balance but I still feel uneasy thinking about the APR when I use the card..It makes me angry Lol

Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

17.24%

Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

not bad..Did they increase your APR to 17.24% or they started you off with 17.24?

Message 15 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Variable is PRIME + 13.99%

PRIME is 3.25%

3.25+13.99=17.24%

Originally it was 5+13.99=18.99%

Prime rate is published in Wall Street Journal

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh thanks for informing me this, I will have to ask if my APR 19.99 is fixed or Variable, if it is variable then im efffing screwed..No way in hell I will accept Prime Rate + 19.99%. I will close the account immediately if that is the case..

Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

if your rate is variable it is probably

3.25 + 16.74= 19.99

Message 18 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rather take the 16.74% =X

Message 19 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting the Discover More card, its an excellent card to have.

Its not my favorite that i have, they've given me a generous CL and timely CLI but also a high APR, so sadly it doesnt get much use. =(

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.