Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More Card APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover More Card APPROVED

So happy, I just applied over the phone for Discover More Card and was approved instantly with an initial $2,500 CL..Finally I got the card!!!...

Cheers, Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Credit_1
Valued Member

Re: Discover More Card APPROVED

i am glad for you i trying to get this card too

Message 2 of 40
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So happy, I just applied over the phone for Discover More Card and was approved instantly with an initial $2,500 CL..Finally I got the card!!!...

Cheers, Smiley Happy

Congrats!

Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Be sure to sign up for 5% cash back bonus.

This month I cashed out $50 by using the card at restaurants and clothing stores. Next month is gasoline, movies, hotels, and theme parks.

Message 4 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, I'm excited to get the 5% Cashback features..Hope it adds up..Finally I got Discover Card in my Wallet Smiley Happy

Credit_1:  Well apply and do apply over the phone. I think it's easier that way coz i was nervous applying online and get deny so I decided to apply over the phone. I just went through couple of security questions and then APPROVED..

Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice!  Congrats!

CreditCard101, will you tell us all your vitals?

Like credit score.  And, well, credit score.  Okay, and any baddies or AAofA, or other cards you already have and their credit limits.  Inquiring minds want to know Smiley Wink.

I'm keeping my eye on this card - it may be next on my wish list.

Message 6 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

What interest rate did you get?

From what I have seen with some of the people I know, it appears that Discover is getting more aggressive trying to get new cardholders and has increased rates up to 22.9% as the top rate for less than perfect credit.

Discover was calling my daughter 1-3x per day telemarketing, saying that she was "pre-approved" and just needed a little information so they could send her card out.  And they mailed her constantly too.  She asked me about the pre-approval offers and I told her, don't count on anything more than a pre-approved to apply.  So for a while she just said no thanks and threw the mailers out. 

She finally got too curious to say no and went online with one of the pre-approval mailers and app'ed and approved for the Discover More with $4k CL and was offered the 0% for 12 months, but the purchase rate is 18.99% and she said in the terms when she app'ed it said the rate could be anywhere from 10.9 to 22.9% depending on credit.

I am thinking that Discover is past their shy spell from the economic teeter totter and is back again looking for increases in card membership.  So if you have wanted a Discover, now may be the opportune time.

txjohn

Message 7 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

TxJohn:

I was offered 0% APR for 6 months, 0% APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers and Standard APR 11.99-18.99% thereafter. I actually won't know until I received the card in 5-7 business days. We'll see what's the standard APR is for new customer like me. I hope as low as possible..

BeamedUp:

Let see here, I'm sure they pulled my TU Credit Report, which they always did in the past. I have one adverse account in the past which to fall off in 08/2010 other than that my credit scores are over 700 and everything else is good. I had 8 inquiries from last year to fall off in a year or less and three of the inquiries are from Discover because i tried to apply three times last year and all was denied denied denied due to inquiries. But somehow I got approved this time on the phone application though. So make sure to apply over the phone next time, it's easier to get approve....

My CC Porfolio are:

Credit Union MC: $10K CL (oldest account, nearly 3 years) 9.99% APR

Amex Blue Sky: 4k CL (1.5 years) 11.24% APR

Citi AA: 6k CL (nearly 1 year) 13.24% APR

Citi Platinum Select: $3.5k CL (6 months old) 15.24% APR    <<---highest grrrr

Discover More: $2.5k CL (Just apped and approved last night 6/26)  APR??

DONE, NO MORE CC  APPS AGAIN..

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to update on my DISCOVER MORE Card APR,

OH MY FREAKING BLAH I JUST CANT BELIEVE MY DISCOVER MORE CC RATE IS 19.99%APR and the customer service said its a national avg apr, their highest is 23.99%..I'm so shocked and was almost faint when i hear this..The csr rep was speechless when i silent...she sounds uneasy when i said it's nuts APR..

I THINK I NEED SOME FEDERAL APR BAILOUT HERE...

Message 9 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just want to update on my DISCOVER MORE Card APR,

OH MY FREAKING BLAH I JUST CANT BELIEVE MY DISCOVER MORE CC RATE IS 19.99%APR and the customer service said its a national avg apr, their highest is 23.99%..I'm so shocked and was almost faint when i hear this..The csr rep was speechless when i silent...she sounds uneasy when i said it's nuts APR..

I THINK I NEED SOME FEDERAL APR BAILOUT HERE...

I'm not surprised. This is how Discover operates. I checked my records and I applied Oct. 2008 with unblemished credit. Discover gave me their highest APR at the time: Prime+13.99 which was 18.99%.

I treat this card like a charge card and pay the balance in full every month and spend heavily in 5% categories. If you do this you can really stick it to Discover.

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.