cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More Card Maximum Credit Limit?

Regular Contributor

Discover More Card Maximum Credit Limit?

Hi,

 

Does anyone know the limit to this card? i want to see how much i can possibly have on this Discover card, if its high enough, like $20k, then i will make it my number card to use, period. If anyone can post their current limit so i can get an idea, that would be great! thanks guys!

 

My starting credit limit is $1,000.

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500



Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover More Card Maximum Credit Limit?

Mine is at $13,300 with a 9 year history. I don't recall what my initial CL was and for several years I would get an auto CLI annually that averaged $1,000-$1,300 but I haven't had a CLI in over 3 years now.

 

 

Message 2 of 26
Established Contributor

Re: Discover More Card Maximum Credit Limit?


MarineVietVet wrote:

Mine is at $13,300 with a 9 year history. I don't recall what my initial CL was and for several years I would get an auto CLI annually that averaged $1,000-$1,300 but I haven't had a CLI in over 3 years now.

 

 



If that were me, I would be calling them up asking them where the love is Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 26
Blogger

Re: Discover More Card Maximum Credit Limit?

Ever since 2008, I've stopped asking for the love.

It could always backfire. I used to be a lot bolder in pre-2008.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com


EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 26
Super Contributor

Re: Discover More Card Maximum Credit Limit?

My discover more is at $6500 and 7 months old. I have no intention of taking a HP for a CLI. Unless they give me auto CLI




Message 5 of 26
Established Contributor

Re: Discover More Card Maximum Credit Limit?

Is Discover another lender that HP's for customer initiated CLI requests?

Message 6 of 26
Blogger

Re: Discover More Card Maximum Credit Limit?

Certain CLI's are hard pulls. I've read about numerous accounts where someone asked for say $2,000 and it was to be a HP, but they tried again for $1,200 and it was a soft. So, definitely YMMV.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com


EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 7 of 26
Valued Member

Re: Discover More Card Maximum Credit Limit?


720ismygoal wrote:

Hi,

 

Does anyone know the limit to this card? i want to see how much i can possibly have on this Discover card, if its high enough, like $20k, then i will make it my number card to use, period. If anyone can post their current limit so i can get an idea, that would be great! thanks guys!

 

My starting credit limit is $1,000.


I know someone with a $50,000 limit on their Discover More card. They've been with them for over 18 years and barely use it.

 

However, my starting limit is $1,000. Got approved today!

Message 8 of 26
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover More Card Maximum Credit Limit?


logan_720 wrote:

MarineVietVet wrote:

Mine is at $13,300 with a 9 year history. I don't recall what my initial CL was and for several years I would get an auto CLI annually that averaged $1,000-$1,300 but I haven't had a CLI in over 3 years now.

 

 



If that were me, I would be calling them up asking them where the love is Smiley Surprised


I've thought about it but it's my highest CL and I'm satisfied. The ironic part is I was getting those CLI's when I barely used the card. In 2010 I put right at $30,000 through Discover and last year it was about $38,000. But no CLI. Hard to figure.

 

This year will be much less usage for Discover though. I am using my BoA 1-2-3 card much more. Perhaps that will result in a CLI from Discover?  Smiley Tongue 

Message 9 of 26
New Contributor

Re: Discover More Card Maximum Credit Limit?

My Discover More card got approved on 4/26/2012 and my limit is 1,500

Cap1 500 Chase Freedom 5K Discover More 1.5K Amex Zync NPSL AMEX Hilton HHonors 2K
Utilization 7%
Tu Fico: 718 ( Disover More App 4/26/12)
Exp Fico 707 (Amex Pull 4/28/12)
Equifax Fico 681 (Chase 4/26/12 Pull)
Message 10 of 26