Frequent Contributor
sankofa

Discover More Card

I received a pre-approved letter from Discover More Card today.  I have not ever been approved for one of their cards; even when I made the 700 Club!   

Has anyone received this invitation to apply online and been approved?  Were you shocked LOL when you were approved?  I don't know if it is worth the inquiry. 

SandyK
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Discover More Card

I went for it- and was approved for $6.8K

I have been very happy with them so far-
The CAP on the 5% rewards stinks though-

Frequent Contributor
credit08

[ Edited ]
Hey sankofa how are you I received the Discover More pre-approval offer back in november applied on-line instant approval. I like the card Interest rate not nothing to bragg like 13.9% Decent opening CL. All in all I am pleased I never had applied or received any offers up until then from Discover. Hope this is helpful to you.Insert Smileys

Message Edited by credit08 on 05-20-2008 11:00 AM
Frequent Contributor
sankofa

Timothy wrote:
I went for it- and was approved for $6.8K

Nice job Timothy!  Was it an instant approval?  How long ago? 

Sandy

Frequent Contributor
sankofa

Hi credit08!

I'm doing pretty good thank you and you?  :smileyhappy:

Congrats also to you for getting the Discover More Card. :smileyhappy:

Perhaps I should check my Transunion and Experian scores before I apply.  Equifax shows my scorewatch score as 724 right now.  Maybe Discover pulled Equifax recently.  I'm located in NY. 

Thank you for responding.

Sandy
Frequent Contributor
credit08

All is well  congrats on your FICO scores they are awesummm Discover pulled only EX I Live In Georgia my EX FICO was EX 768 at the time of approval . CL 10K sorry to say no CLI it has been 7 months since opening I"m still waiting.Ha Ha LoL.Insert Smileys
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

sankofa wrote:
Hi credit08!
I'm doing pretty good thank you and you? :smileyhappy:
Congrats also to you for getting the Discover More Card. :smileyhappy:
Perhaps I should check my Transunion and Experian scores before I apply. Equifax shows my scorewatch score as 724 right now. Maybe Discover pulled Equifax recently. I'm located in NY.
Thank you for responding.
Sandy

I applied for Discover on May 1 and they pulled TU.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Instant-
April 6th

Established Contributor
scramblingin2007

I got my discover more in march. Middle 600 scores, instant online app. I love my card and they are very friendly. only 3k cl but my scores are soaring so hopefully in a few months I can get a cli.
Frequent Contributor
sankofa

I am thinking about applying.  You all have had good results.  I will cry if I am not approved.  :smileyindifferent:    I will report back if I take the plunge.  Promise!

WTG scramblingin2007! 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}